ASA and PSIA Instructor
Join Date: Apr 2000
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 16
Re: hauling her home instead of storing at the yard
Like MS we used to ship our CS 36T to the back yard. The boat hauler would:
- ramp haul the boat with a hydraulic trailer
- remove and de-rig the mast, store on the side of the trailer
- transport the boat 40 miles to the back yard
- store the boat on their stands for the winter, and move the mast to stands (having a small yard tractor helps here...)
- pick the boat and mast up in the spring
- transport the boat 40 miles back to the ramp
- rig and hoist the mast
- ramp launch the boat
for a total price that was a few dollars less than the boatyard charged to haul the same boat, move it 50 yards and store it for the winter with the mast up.
If you have the yard space for your boat, the answer was pretty clear.
Certified...in several regards...