Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Feeling Foolish and Discouraged!

Sounds like a learning experience. If it's not in writing, it's not a deal. It was rude of them to keep you hanging but there are a LOT of rude, crude people who have no regard for the time and efforts of others. They seem to be more the norm nowadays than people who can be trusted to stick to their word. Deals with handshakes went out with trusting bankers. It's just part of selling things.
Old 12-29-2012
Much to learn...

Capt-T is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Capt-T

Over 40 posts and nobody has pointed out the TRUE MORAL OF THE STORY...

Never trust anyone who takes 3 week vacations!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2013
C&C 32

smp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smp

I was in the market for a C&C 27 when I purchased my last boat. I ended up with a C&C 32 but I looked at enough C&C 27s to know a good deal when I see one and that's just what came up today:
1975 C&C 27 Mark III - City of Toronto Sailboats For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

I would jump on that (provided it's sound etc). You can't really go wrong with a C&C.
Old 01-05-2013

Kalina-Lona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp View Post
I was in the market for a C&C 27 when I purchased my last boat. I ended up with a C&C 32 but I looked at enough C&C 27s to know a good deal when I see one and that's just what came up today:
1975 C&C 27 Mark III - City of Toronto Sailboats For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

I would jump on that (provided it's sound etc). You can't really go wrong with a C&C.
Thanks very much, I'll call today. That is one of the boats I've been looking for.

Cheers,

Ron
Old 01-05-2013

Ninefingers is on a distinguished road

It says a macerator is being installed. Is that necessary on the Great Lakes?
Old 01-05-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

It's actually illegal on the Great Lakes to direct discharge so maybe the ad writer is mistaken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-05-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I will bet a huge number of Great Lakes boaters like to think they could head down the canal and out to open water one day.

I will bet there are some that dump overboard anyway.

I read an article on boat waste and the Great Lakes. Intuition would suggest you don't dump in a confined place, but most probably can't wrap their heads around how big they really are. Nevertheless, the thing they were most worried about wasn't the waste itself. It was all the crazy nuclear chemicals that some boaters use to disinfect or deodorize their holding tanks. That stuff really should be banned. You can ironically do it more effectively without those chemicals. You just have to use your head correctly. The chemicals actually kill the bacteria that could breakdown waste, odor free, if you let it. For starters, you have to keep EVERYTHING out of the tank, unless you ate it first. I hate extremist environmentalists, but I am totally behind environmental improvements that actually work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.