SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Marine Electrical Classes?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  boatpoker 
#1 ·
I am looking for a Marine Electrical Class. There are some classes held at Annapolis school of Seamanship. I would like to know if there are other options available. I live on the West Coast, and would rather take a beating than go to the East Coast.

Thanks for any suggestions you can make.

DW

#3 ·
There is another coast?:eek::):)

Bob Cambell who teaches the on at the Annapolis Seamanship courses is excellent. He has helped do work on my boat also and thats what convinced me to take the course he teaches.

Sorry dont know any left coast courses.

Dave

#5 ·
Boating electrical system is relatively simple. It is not much to it. If you are far from any instruction class loaction, I would just get a good book and spend a few nite reading you are good to go.

I have a few books but I like the best. It is much better than the one Nigle wrote.

If someone still remember their 2nd seamster Physics in college, just go back to review your text book, you are good to go.

Of course, YMMV :)

#7 ·
I have found several CC options, but the schedule does not work for me. Work a 3 weeks on then 3 weeks off. Need a class of 2-4 days in a block.

I am going to order the book. I have Nigels, but I learn better listening to someone explain it to me. Book if I have to, but prefer a good instructor.

DW

#8 ·
I live in the Seattle area. Here some of the best technical 1-2 day technical courses are run thru the Univ. of Washington Sea Grant program. Sea Grant is a federal program that's locally run. Education is both for commercial and recreational boaters. Typically the courses pay for themselves. Marine electrical courses come up periodically and when they run it they have a great program. You may want to Google it in your area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.