SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sequitur - To Cape Horn in Comfort and Style

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Faster 
#1 ·
To those in the Vancouver area:

Next Wednesday Edi and I are the presenters at the Bluewater Cruising Association's monthly club night. The hour-and-a-half presentation will focus on the third year of our voyage, which took us from Puerto Montt, Chile, down through Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, around Cape Horn and beyond. We will look at cruising in comfort and style through remote regions, wild weather and unpredictable bureaucracies.

1900 Wednesday 09 January - Scottish Cultural Centre 8886 Hudson Street
$5 Members - $10 Guests

See less See more
#9 ·
My wife and I, along with some cruising friends with whom we'd spent some time in Mexico, attended the BWCA seminar put on by Michael and Edi last night in Vancouver.

A shame that the business portion of the meeting started late and ran long (as they so often do), leaving short time for the presentation which played to a truly 'packed house'.. as a result it was at times rushed, and in the end cut off early. But in any event it was a delight. Great to hear the stories and get some more perspective than that of the (excellent) blog reports, and it was very nice to meet them both in person.

It was a complete report, with lots of pictures, plotter/ipad/radar screen shots, overview maps and charts, with the occasional :rolleyes: shot of an immaculately presented dinner plate, fresh brewed coffee, local breads... it was a good thing we came straight from dinner. ;)

Good to meet you, Michael, and Edi.. sorry we had to dash before saying goodbye, and Thanks for sharing.

#10 ·
Sorry I missed it!!!

Is there going to be another presentation in the Northeast?

Regards,
Brad

#11 ·
Brad.. they are home in Vancouver at the moment, but are also refitting their 'new' European canal boat in Holland .... hopefully Michael will respond himself, but I suspect they'll be spending their time between here and there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.