SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   What’s on Your Bucket List? must be sailing related thingies (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/95578-what%92s-your-bucket-list-must-sailing-related-thingies.html)

rockDAWG 01-09-2013 03:09 PM

What’s on Your Bucket List? must be sailing related thingies

My Bucket List Before I go to HELL :D

Only two items left on the list.

1. Sail to Bermuda, UK, North side of Med Sea, turn around in Turkey and back to Caribbean to Panama, Pacific, NZ, sail north to Philippine to Hong Kong and Canton, China, down to Vietnam, Singapore and make my way to south to Madagascar and then round out SA back to South America to Caribbean. Final trip to Florida.

2. Ride my Triumph from Ocean City, MD via Highway 50 to SFO. Travel like a hobo, stick with camping, eating at diner, and staying at roadside motels of the yesteryear. Travel light, and use WalMart as my traveling wardrobe.

This is purely photography focused trip to see America. But most like will leave my DSLR home and find a more compact camera like X100.

Itinerary and route of both trips is subject to change. No need to break any records. I can take a break any time I want, and I can fly home if I have enough. No need to follow any one's wishes. I will do whatever I want and for the first time, I am no longer as a provider. I am free at last. :)

Will I do it again to support my parents, brothers and sisters, our own family, our children and employees? Absolutely!!!

So what is your short list. :p

Tempest 01-09-2013 03:18 PM

Re: What’s on Your Bucket List? must be sailing related thingies

Spend a Summer Cruising and exploring Maine...drinking beer and eating lobster..

rockDAWG 01-09-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest (Post 973108)
Spend a Summer Cruising and exploring Maine...drinking beer and eating lobster..

I thought you have been doing it every summer, No?

chef2sail 01-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockDAWG (Post 973101)
My Bucket List Before I go to HELL :D

Only two items left on the list.

2. Ride my Triumph from Ocean City, MD via Highway 50 to SFO. Travel like a hobo, stick with camping, eating at diner, and staying at roadside motels of the yesteryear. Travel light, and use WalMart as my traveling wardrobe.

This is purely photography focused trip to see America. But most like will leave my DSLR home and find a more compact camera like X100.

. :p

So how is this sailing related by your own title? Good item though?

chef2sail 01-09-2013 03:53 PM

1- Sail to the Galapagos Islands

2- Take a cruise to Antartica- Antartic Cruise Ship

3- Take a three week sail in the San Juans area

sailortjk1 01-09-2013 04:06 PM

For some reason I really have the desire to cross the line and look for the Southern Cross.
Maybe an Atlantic crossing, but I really don't want to have much of anything to do with the Southern Ocean. To those that say they want to circumnavigate I say Good Luck down there. I think I can keep myself busy in the Carib.
and how could I forget, there is so much to see right here in the midwest; some time on Superior would be nice and of course the North Channel and that big ass bay over by there.

rockDAWG 01-09-2013 04:14 PM

I think everyone will accept if you but a Southern Cross sailboat in lieu of crossing the southern ocean. :D

Be warned a Bristol does not count. :p

sailortjk1 01-09-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 973126)
1- Sail to the Galapagos Islands

I've always been intrigued with Easter Island, not really on my bucket list but might make it someday.
I understand your draw to the Galapagos.

polaris2.11 01-09-2013 05:00 PM

I just wanna spend more time on the boat than off it - don't much care where...

Sabreman 01-09-2013 05:09 PM

1. Sail the Annapolis-Newport race
2. Sail to Bermuda.
3. Sail Newport, RI to Maine. Been underway down East Coast, Caribbean, Gulf, transited Panama (3x), up Central America, West Coast to Everett WA. Need to fill in that little RI to Maine part (already sailed Penobscot Bay). Not necessarily all under sail, but who cares? ;)