Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013

scratchee is on a distinguished road
Re: Are we elitists?

Band of Barred Bloggers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-16-2013

capttb is on a distinguished road

I just want to thank Faster for editing Benesailor's post to reflect the quotation, I thought I'd had a stroke for a minute, I guess that's why moderators get the big bucks.
Old 01-16-2013

LessTacksing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to LessTacksing

When I first posted here I believe one of my first greeters was smackdaddy. And I am still here appreciating the groups wisdom and sometimes the lack of wisdom.

David
Old 01-17-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by capttb View Post
I just want to thank Faster for editing Benesailor's post to reflect the quotation, I thought I'd had a stroke for a minute, I guess that's why moderators get the big bucks.
I'll PM you my address for that cheque ... and you're welcome!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 01-17-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Another forum I post on require ALL new sr members to send ALL the other current sr members $25, $50 to murderators, and $100 to admin....nothing to supposid "good looking mods with ugly dogs!" So when some announce they are new SR members......well anyway.....kinda almost as bad as the SA welcome.......some are pretty good a Smart Asset answers too.

Marty
Old 01-17-2013
Puget Sound Pounder

kellysails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchee View Post
Bainbridge Island...isn't that where The Professor lives? He could make the lights go on with coconuts and some water from the lagoon.
Yes it is, damn, why couldn't it be Ginger or even MaryAnn, it had to be the geek.

And we have a Top Gun instructor, Cmdr Skerrett, yet no Kelly McGillis, go figure

Last edited by kellysails; 01-17-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

... so it appears that everyone is being a bit more diligent in replying to Intro posts... good job, y'all!
downeast450 and rugosa like this.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 01-17-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
My vote....we stick to talking about SN. As seems to be the overall consensus - it's a damn fine forum for sailors of all kinds.
Works for me (and I assume you) - because I banned you on AS too, and you and I both know why, and that it wasn't personal at all.

Ditto, by the way for Brent.
You also know that here, and there, I've applauded you, appreciated your designs etc.

Mod's do what the consensus says, or the owner directs. I promised two years, I gave it.
Nuff said, like Smacky says, this is SN, not elsewhere.
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 01-18-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser2B View Post
Many come here to ask questions and are often treated as though they should already know or how dare you ask...
I don't read every single post, but I can honestly say that I have never seen this happen.

What I have seen, is that someone asks a very rudimentary question and they get the answer that if they had spent just a few seconds searching, then they could have found the answer for themselves. That's very different from "you should already know." And depending on how it is worded, it is not necessarily a rude answer, either. Basic forum etiquette dictates that you put in at least a bit of effort yourself, before you demand that others expend effort to answer your most simple of questions.

Then, too, I've seen people ask questions that don't really make sense, or are kind of off-the-wall (can my family of six and I comfortably sail around the world in our Macgregor 26?). These questions sometimes get a very blunt answer. That, too, is a completely different thing than "you should already know."

Again, this may not be the very most friendly forum that God or man has ever created, but is far from an unfriendly place.
Old 01-18-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Works for me (and I assume you) - because I banned you on AS too, and you and I both know why, and that it wasn't personal at all.

Ditto, by the way for Brent.
You also know that here, and there, I've applauded you, appreciated your designs etc.

Mod's do what the consensus says, or the owner directs. I promised two years, I gave it.
Nuff said, like Smacky says, this is SN, not elsewhere.
Chuckles - no worries. I never blamed you. Seriously.

I had a good sense of what was going on at the time - and that there was very, very little truth behind it all. That much I know for certain. Anyway, it's history - and I have no intention of ever slogging through that history here on SN.

Things worked out in the end pretty much as I figured they would. Funny how that happens.

I'm glad you (and others) are back on SN. It's good to have you elitist bastards around. Heh-heh.

BTW - when are you gonna post some BFS in that sweet new Irwin of yours?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.