SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Mast & boom (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/95788-mast-boom.html)

MSO sailor 01-16-2013 07:47 AM

Mast & boom

I was down in the boat yard yesterday inventorying the O'Day 25 tall rig i got & they have the mast sitting on a rack with a bunch of other masts.I located it by the base mount. Only thing is i couldn't tell which boom was mine!The mast had a mounting bracket that is a flat channel type setup that appears to be about 1" wide, 1/4-3/8 thick & about 6-8" long on the mast.Out of all the Booms there i didn't see any that would attach like that.( I didn't have a tape measure to measure any of them, i know now that its 9 feet long).So my question is does anyone have any detailed ( or any) pictures of the boom & or the bracket that attaches the boom to the mast? I'll have to go back with a tape measure & picture and find mine. The boat was there when the yardmaster was hired & it seems all the tags on the mast are worn off.Thank you
MSO sailor

Lake Superior Sailor 01-16-2013 11:54 AM

Re: Mast & boom

Did you check in the boat? A lot of times the boom is just put below!..Dale

MSO sailor 01-16-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Superior Sailor (Post 976534)
Did you check in the boat? A lot of times the boom is just put below!..Dale

Yes i did.I'll have to "dig" thru the pile of booms.I was just wondering about the Gooseneck.If i had some pics it would help to ID the boom
Jim

Lake Superior Sailor 01-16-2013 06:26 PM

It's got to fit the mast so 1/2 must be on the mast! Match the hardware...Dale

sdmullins 01-17-2013 02:52 PM

Check out D&R marine (drmarine.com). They have pics of many O'Day 25 parts online including the gooseneck. They are a great source for O'Day owners.

If their pics don't help I can take a pic of the gooseneck on my boom when I get home tonight as I have it off the boat and in the garage for the winter.

Alex W 01-18-2013 12:09 AM

What kind of crazy boat yard removes the mast and boom and mixes them up with other masts and booms without labeling anything?

MSO sailor 01-18-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex W (Post 977457)
What kind of crazy boat yard removes the mast and boom and mixes them up with other masts and booms without labeling anything?

Not a boat yard, The person in charge was power washing a boat when i was there.I couldn't find it, but i'll go back when hes not busy & we'll find it.I think the biggest problem is i could match up the gooseneck.Its probably there.
MSO

Minnewaska 01-18-2013 06:13 AM

I've always left the boom on the side deck. Future thought.

Good luck finding it.

MSO sailor 01-18-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 977509)
I've always left the boom on the side deck. Future thought.

Good luck finding it.

I know its there but it looks like its missing the gooseneck!lol.I'll dig thru everything.
MSO