SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What are your other passions?

15K views 130 replies 79 participants last post by  JoeDiver 
#1 · (Edited)
I love to sail. I also love to do other activities. What are the other things you are passionate about? Or maybe sailing is not your primary passion.

Photos a plus.

I'll start.

My wife and I also enjoy...
Mountain biking
Scuba diving
Skiing
Hiking/snow shoeing

Former passions:
Auto racing(road)
British auto restoration(not easy to do living on a boat)
Wood working(all boat related now)
Home restoration
Windsurfing(still do occasionally but not passionate)

#2 ·
I am not a big fan of the cold or cold related activities (except for sailing to get AWAY from the cold) but I can relate to scuba and mountain biking. Once I get my cruiser, I will be carrying my Trek on any and all longish cruises that would have me at least overnighting

#3 ·
Music... I play bass in a couple of different combos... and my granddaughter.:)

#7 ·
We do a lot of crabbing and prawning, gardening, building stuff in the garage, I shoot trap and pistols, a little bird hunting, community projects, and the rest of my time is spent on boat maintenance, projects and repairs. Oh, and when my grandson is here on the island that's what I do:))

#9 ·
Scuba
Writing
History
Food/Cooking
(love cross-country skiing but don't think the body can support that anymore, and can't risk trying)

#11 ·
Squash both as a player and a Squash Canada referee . Tournaments are a little hard on my body.

Golf, I get my money's worth as I walk farther and hit more balls than others.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MedSailor
#12 ·
Too many hobbies not enough time. IN the past, my hobby activity largely depends on my kids liking. There is no need to ask: Children, what do you want to do this winter? Now I am a free agent. I like to do whatever I want. Damn I miss my kids. :laugher

No particular order:

Sailing others boat or work as a slave in the rich people's boat ....LOL
Photography - mostly fashion and naked women
Motor cycle - Triumph
Four Wheeling in a highly modified Jeep - rock crawling thought out United States, mostly in Colorado and Moab, UT.
Camping
Skiing and snow board
Traveling extensively around the world.

That is enough. :)

#17 ·
Too many hobbies not enough time. IN the past, my hobby activity largely depends on my kids liking. There is no need to ask: Children, what do you want to do this winter? Now I am a free agent. I like to do whatever I want. Damn I miss my kids. :laugher

No particular order:

Sailing others boat or work as a slave in the rich people's boat ....LOL
Photography - mostly fashion and naked women
Motor cycle - Triumph
Four Wheeling in a highly modified Jeep - rock crawling thought out United States, mostly in Colorado and Moab, UT.
Camping
Skiing and snow board
Traveling extensively around the world.

That is enough. :)
:worthless:

#16 ·
golf when I can get out.
32 yr certified ski instructor/examiner......
gardening/landscaping per say....oh that what I get paid to do
Taking care of the cutest puppie out there, Winston is way cuter than the best looking male mods puppy!
cleaning the house, some cooking...........

Marty

#21 · (Edited)
The knees won't let me ski anymore and I recently sold the Harley to my nephew.

These days it's working on the house, woodworking/wood turning, photography and getting out in the woods when I can. I also spend a fair amount of time building web sites.

Oh, and cooking which is why there's more of me these days! :laugher

#27 · (Edited)
Activities aside from sailing; I like to travel, I was running regularly but I've been a lazy git the last year or so, cooking, and, believe it or not, my job.

Things that make me happy; Good friends, good whiskey, good food, the occasional good cigar, women, and other women who enjoy me and my other passions.

On occasion, I've had the chance to have everything in life that makes me most happy, thus I shall die a happy man.

If I'm lucky enough that the hits keep on a coming, I'll just die happier.

So far, so good.

Edit: I should have added "living beyond my means" to the list. :)

#30 ·
Aside of sailing the two other things I'm most passionate about are snowmobiling and hunting. Although with the amount of time I have been able to devote to any of my hobbies the last few years you'd question my passion for any of them. :mad:

Here is a couple from snowmobiling. I'd post some duck hunting pics but I doubt pictures of dead birds would go over well.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.