(upper keys), AJAX and CARYSFORT LIGHTS NOT LIT - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-22-2013 Thread Starter

(upper keys), AJAX and CARYSFORT LIGHTS NOT LIT

FYI, we just finished the Ft Laud Key west race, friday,

and in the upper keys, the Ajax, and Carysfort lights were NOT LIT,

noting in the skippers meeting or NOR, about that... we were pretty surprised!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Re: (upper keys), AJAX and CARYSFORT LIGHTS NOT LIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftldiver View Post
FYI, we just finished the Ft Laud Key west race, friday,

and in the upper keys, the Ajax, and Carysfort lights were NOT LIT,

noting in the skippers meeting or NOR, about that... we were pretty surprised!
Thanks for the heads-up! BTW, how did you place? Are they still handing out the transponders (SPOT) fixes to all the boats?

Brian

Sailnet Moderator

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

post #3 of 3 Old 01-22-2013 Thread Starter

Re: (upper keys), AJAX and CARYSFORT LIGHTS NOT LIT

we ended up 4th in class. (out of 5) -suxs... (beat by Grand Cru Bene 393 by 5 min) (I was on Vendaval)

we got killed near sombrero light (sailing away from the mark on a bad wind shift), and from the Key west sea bouy to the finish... that took us 3 hrs...

we were just too small and light for the final heavy conditions.

yes they used SPOT. -I think its more of an average, since I know were were doing over 7 knts (COG) when it had us in the 6's... (near ajax/ carysfort) -where I was driving... (and got passed by the bigger boats).

01-2013 Key West FL Sailboat Races | BoatPix.com, the #1 Aerial Boat Photography Business in the US

vendaval:
All Photos of 005 Vendaval | BoatPix.com, the #1 Aerial Boat Photography Business in the US

there is a recap of the gps tracking... (needs flash). - very cool
Kattack Web Player

results: (we lost by 5 min... and I can see were that happened in the race tracking recap... the last 3 hours...at the end).

Yacht Scoring - A complete web based regatta administration and yacht scoring program

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.