Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person? - Page 11 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person?

A big HA! to both of you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentSailor View Post
Actually, I'll be down in Melbourne in July. Might see if we can catch up then
Please do - I look forward to it.. although I can't promise as positively luxurious a sail as is to be had on the Womboat.

..and keep in mind that I ain't the only Sailnetter down here.. just the most regular contributor. Perhaps it's because I was actually born in Sydney and just happen to live here, 'tis all..
Old 01-31-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Gee.. nobody wants to meet little 'ol me...

That'd be right.
Oui! Don't be a bloody sook! I'm planning on meeting the whole lot of yous! Shrimp on the barbie my ass! Won't be no Fosters neither! It'll be snags, a Four and Twenty, and a VB or nothing at all!

Since I grew up in Melbourne, it's definitely on the list. Hopefully the S/V Gadfly will be at the St. Kilda marina when I'm there. He's a fellow Formosa 41 sailor with a great blog where he sails Austrazeeland and SE Aisa in search of alcohol and good SCUBA diving.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
Oui! Don't be a bloody sook! I'm planning on meeting the whole lot of yous! Shrimp on the barbie my ass! Won't be no Fosters neither! It'll be snags, a Four and Twenty, and a VB or nothing at all!

Since I grew up in Melbourne, it's definitely on the list. Hopefully the S/V Gadfly will be at the St. Kilda marina when I'm there. He's a fellow Formosa 41 sailor with a great blog where he sails Austrazeeland and SE Aisa in search of alcohol and good SCUBA diving.

MedSailor
Sounds good to me, Med.

There's rather a lot of marina-building over at St Kilda at the minute. They've finally started on the extension, so they should be able to find a spot for you.. if not, look me up and I'll see what we can organise over at Willi.

Seriously though, you'd actually eat a Four and Twenty? There are much better pies to be had here nowadays. Methinks Melbourne has moved on a bit since you were last here.
Old 01-31-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Seriously though, you'd actually eat a Four and Twenty? There are much better pies to be had here nowadays. Methinks Melbourne has moved on a bit since you were last here.
Naaaaw. They taste like crap! When I was showing my wife around Australia a few years ago I was telling her how bad the "snanus" pies were and we kept getting really good ones from local bakeries. I finally was able to get a four and twenty at the MCG and it was every bit as crap as I remember. Certainly does seem like the pie market has stepped it up quite a bit since I was a kid there.

The next question is have you improved on the hot dog? (not a snag, but a hot-dog) Can you get one now that isn't full of grey gristle and stains the bun pink? Those were horrible!

MedSailor

All this talk has me craving real fish and chips.... Ummm.... flake and minimum chips.....

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 02-01-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
The next question is have you improved on the hot dog? (not a snag, but a hot-dog) Can you get one now that isn't full of grey gristle and stains the bun pink? Those were horrible!

MedSailor

All this talk has me craving real fish and chips.... Ummm.... flake and minimum chips.....
Nope. You can forget the hot-dogs.. but they're only sold to tourists anyways, so you have to expect that.

But flake and minimum chips we can do!! Just wait 'till you get here.
Old 02-01-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:

That'd be right.
Well, I would like to meet you. You have just to appear, I will not only offer you a beer but a lunch. In winter you can find me in Portugal, in the summer ... who knows?

Regards

Paulo
Classic30 likes this.
Old 02-04-2013

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcGee View Post
Hey Brent, have you ever done a write up on it?
Yes , instructions for building on are in my book. Wolf Berg
(wolfwatermakers.com) has been using his since the 90's. No problems.
Old 02-04-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Yes , instructions for building on are in my book. Wolf Berg
(wolfwatermakers.com) has been using his since the 90's. No problems.
Wow! Their cheapest self-install kits are $4800 CAD!

How'd you get yours down to $700?

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 02-05-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey.... considered this is a blessing.
Thanks Buddha and Golden Calf, I am not in anyone's list. Can you imgine the pressure this will bring? One needs to lose some wt, have face lift, get a liposuction and study the whole encyclopedia. ....LOL

This reminds me of "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

I am with the old school and respect others privacy. I will simply write to the person I would like to meet in a PM. Ask him or her politely and state my objective to meet so s/he can make an informed decision if they are willing to meet with me. In today's internet age, no reply means not interested. I will move on and not to talk about it.

I certainly would not brag about how many sailors, sailnetees, famous celebrities that i I have met, nor I will brag about how many boat cards I have collected. Likewise, I don't disclose any conversation either except when I have the permission to do so. My father instilled this in my head long ago. For this reason, I hardly met anyone, except a couple individual. I am a stranger on Sailnet which is perfectly OK with me. I don't need to be famous on Sailnet. I just need to be the best sailor in the open sea.

However, whatever floats your boat, it is perfectly fine with me.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 02-05-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road

How about a New England meeting this summer at Marthas Vineyard? There is a good free anchorage at Edgartown / Chappaquiddick, and lots of bars & restaurants there.

I would suggest around the 4th of July as a default date.