Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person? - Page 12 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road
Re: Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person?

Perhaps Gloucester on July 20? Lots of places to party and a very interesting place. We will be staying at The Crows Nest the 18th, 19th and the 20th. A very friendly bar. Remember it from "The Perfect Storm"? The 4th is already on the books. Would like to make it but....

Down

Last edited by downeast450; 02-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast450 View Post
Perhaps Gloucester on July 20? Lots of places to party and a very interesting place. The 4th is already on the books. Would like to make it but.

Down
For me cruising to Gloucester is a short day cruise. I'd be coming out of Boston Harbor, and it's about 35 miles.

If the weather is good, I wouldn't mind a bit!
Old 02-05-2013

steve77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast450 View Post
Perhaps Gloucester on July 20? Lots of places to party and a very interesting place. We will be staying at The Crows Nest the 18th, 19th and the 20th. A very friendly bar. Remember it from "The Perfect Storm"? The 4th is already on the books. Would like to make it but....

Down
That might work for me. I could ride my bike there!
Old 02-05-2013

seascene is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Wow! Their cheapest self-install kits are $4800 CAD!

How'd you get yours down to $700?
I launched and began the rest of my life as a full time liveaboard cruising the BC coast on one of Brent's boats in 2005. The new addition of his book/manual has all that stuff in there (illustrated) plus other simple to build and practical do it yourself projects. Must say it is also a good read with some "Annie Hill" style simplicity discussion (except he said it first) about getting off the treadmill. This is my 4th copy. I don't lend in out anymore. I think he asks $20 or so plus postage.
Old 02-05-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSabbag View Post
How about a New England meeting this summer at Marthas Vineyard? There is a good free anchorage at Edgartown / Chappaquiddick, and lots of bars & restaurants there.

I would suggest around the 4th of July as a default date.
Only if you absolutely promise, cross your heart, etc, that you will not bring up the topic of being rescued at sea or how it should be done. Nothing but fights every time you do.

The holding outside at Edgartown can be tricky, but its a great spot. Jul 4 is crazy busy, another weekend might be a better idea. The Edgartown moorings are a relative bargain around here. $40, IIRC. Well maintained and you can reserve them online, so you're not in a dash to arrive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 02-05-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Only if you absolutely promise, cross your heart, etc, that you will not bring up the topic of being rescued at sea or how it should be done. Nothing but fights every time you do.
MAKE SURE to have a video camera available. I want to see the throwdown when you guys get drunk and start arguing AMVER. That will be classic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 02-05-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
MAKE SURE to have a video camera available. I want to see the throwdown when you guys get drunk and start arguing AMVER. That will be classic.
I'm going to start with an anchor argument and then discuss guns aboard, before moving to AMVER. And I will start drunk, not get drunk.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 02-05-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSabbag View Post
For me cruising to Gloucester is a short day cruise. I'd be coming out of Boston Harbor, and it's about 35 miles.

If the weather is good, I wouldn't mind a bit!
It is our annual, and could become, the first annual Sailnet rendezvous celebration of one of the GREAT solo sailors, Blackburn!

Down

Last edited by downeast450; 02-06-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm going to start with an anchor argument and then discuss guns aboard, before moving to AMVER. And I will start drunk, not get drunk.
Rumour has it, the great and wonderful mrs smacky will bail us out! sometime in some not so long ago distant future.......when she learns to use the force, and a light saber!

In the mean time, Captn aaron IIRC has the BIGGEST anchor!

Marty
Old 02-06-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The holding outside at Edgartown can be tricky, but its a great spot. Jul 4 is crazy busy, another weekend might be a better idea. The Edgartown moorings are a relative bargain around here. $40, IIRC. Well maintained and you can reserve them online, so you're not in a dash to arrive.
I swear to God I would not bring that up.

Evelyn and I have zero interest in discussing that entire event at all.
The only time it comes up, is when asked about it, or indirectly when the question of "what happened to your GulfStar" happens.

I agree that the 4th would be "crazy busy". So, the following weekend perhaps?

Being a "New Englander", there is the ugly reality that the real "summer" is very short lived. That's why I keep focusing on July.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.