SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?

7K views 40 replies 26 participants last post by  wind_magic 
#1 ·
Currently sitting in Rock Sound, Eleuthra the clouds have moved in and the rain has begun as the front is coming through...With the long range antenna I am lucky to have found an open, free wifi signal...so Im spending my day with some rum, good tunes on the radio, and free internet....How do you spend your rainy days aboard???

#35 ·
Wondering where you - and others for that matter - get (that many) movies there? I.e., brought from home (DVDs, torrents, etc.), or there are some local sources like movie rentals, local TV, acceptable access to internet/wi-fi?
Just before we left this summer we bought a 2 TB hard drive and filled it with movies and tv shows. It's nice and compact, and has more viewing hours than we'l probably ever go through on our trip. (We also have one of those big folders of dvds, but that doesn't come out too often)

#38 ·
Hey Gary, I've been so dang busy when I've been home working on my boats that i just have'nt been able to get up to Marathon and now I'm back in Miami on the tug for the next two weeks. I hope your still kicking around when i pass back through on the 13th of feb. I'll give you a call. If you pass through Miami Harbour in the next twio week's give me a call, i'll honk at ya. I'll P.m. my number back at ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.