SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   What do you do on a rainy day in paradise? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/96042-what-do-you-do-rainy-day-paradise.html)

Dolby 01-24-2013 11:44 AM

What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?

Currently sitting in Rock Sound, Eleuthra the clouds have moved in and the rain has begun as the front is coming through...With the long range antenna I am lucky to have found an open, free wifi signal...so Im spending my day with some rum, good tunes on the radio, and free internet....How do you spend your rainy days aboard???

JonEisberg 01-24-2013 12:20 PM

Re: What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 980438)
Currently sitting in Rock Sound, Eleuthra the clouds have moved in and the rain has begun as the front is coming through... With the long range antenna I am lucky to have found an open, free wifi signal...so Im spending my day with some rum, good tunes on the radio, and free internet....How do you spend your rainy days aboard???

First order of business, would be to make preparations to collect some of that free Bahamian rainwater...

I'd add a good book to the mix, leave the rum until after 1700, and probably toss in a nap, or two... Think about some boat projects/chores that I might get around to the next time it rains... And, of course, doing what you're doing, farting around on the internet, a good signal in that neighborhood is not always easy to come by...

I love Rock Sound, and it's a good spot to ride out a front... You know about the supermarket there, right? One of the nicest places to provision in all of the Bahamas...

You're lucky to be there now, enjoy... How many other boats there now?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...srocksound.jpg

Lake Superior Sailor 01-24-2013 12:27 PM

Cards & coffee! & maybe a little sewing!..Dale

JimMcGee 01-24-2013 01:03 PM

A dark & stormy, a good book and an afternoon nap.

When the guilt hits about boat projects you should be doing administer another dark & stormy.

copacabana 01-24-2013 01:29 PM

A good book in the v-berth or perhaps a game of cribbage with one of the kids. I might be forced to open a bottle of wine if the rain looked like it was going to last... If it's rainy and cool (winter), then I would be in the galley working on a special meal. I just got back from 25 days of cruising the coast of Rio and we had about 5 or 6 days of overcast and rain at the end. It didn't stop us from swimming, snorkeling and being outside. In the winter though, the rain is not so inviting...

+1 on collecting the free water!

sailordave 01-24-2013 01:39 PM

You have to ask???

must be single ;)

Philzy3985 01-24-2013 02:12 PM

Find leaks. Think about repairing leaks when it becomes sunny again.

Anthology of A CENOURA • "When It Rains...

travlineasy 01-24-2013 02:48 PM

In my case I fixed the leaks, all three of them, early on. Now, when it's raining, which has been really rare down here, I get the arranger keyboard out of the case, plug in the inverter, plug in the keyboard, and learn some new songs. Just started performing Tequila Sunrise, Rio De Janeiro Blue and Down In Paradise. Did those on two cold (under 72) evenings.

Cheers,

Gary :cool:

Classic30 01-24-2013 07:50 PM

You could always go for a swim... it doesn't rain underwater. ;)

Flybyknight 01-24-2013 08:24 PM

Spend quality time with my life's companion of 53 years.