SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

iling Into A Storm (img)

7K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  ftldiver 
#1 ·
I was googling for some heavy weather tactics videos when I found this.

Some may like it:

See less See more
#6 ·
Hardly, it is just a lousy photoshopped image.

Look at it carefully. The smooth calm water on one side and the hell gate on the other, the artificial rain drops, the near symmetrical breakers. The lighting and shadow in the image were all wrong; no photographer can escape the law of physics when capturing any images.

:D

#13 ·
The teeth is what gave it away. But there are a few harbors on the NW Coast of North America where it can look like that with a strong on shore wind and a max ebb current.

#23 ·
Fair winds!

#26 ·
That wave bites.

Dialogue for skipper on the radio with local weather expert:

"Does your wave bite?"

..."No, my wave does not bite."

"We're sinking... your wave just chewed up my boat and spit it out!"

..."That vas not mine wave!"

with apologies to Peter Sellers

#27 ·
Has anyone else noticed who the original poster was? And anyone else remember the thread "Stop waving at me!" ? With apologies before hand to the flyingwelshman, the caption should be "STOP WAVING ME"

#28 ·
Here's a little fable:

You see all of those castles on the hills?

I made those castles! I designed them; quarried the stone; laid the bricks and mortar and built the strongest, most beautiful castles in the realm.

But do they call me 'Welshy the builder"?

No!

And do you see all of those ships in the harbour?

I built those! I designed them, harvested the timbers, laid the keels, wove the canvas, ran the rigging. They are the best found craft in the seven seas.

But do they call me "Welshy the shipwright"?

No!

But you screw one sheep…..

That whole 'waving' thing was discounted when someone pointed out the hypocricy in my signature. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.