C&C Rendezvous 2013 - Page 2 - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 


Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-08-2013
RobGallagher's Avatar
HANUMAN
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Noank, Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 13
RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Oh, and bump:

C&C 2013 Northeast Rendezvous

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/cnc-...13-rendezvous/
__________________
HANUMAN
'88 C&C 30 MKII
NOANK, CT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #12  
Old 02-11-2013
flyingjib's Avatar
1979 C&C 30 MK1
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Annapolis
Posts: 107
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 3
flyingjib is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Rob,
There are quite a few C&C on the Chessie and maybe a few of us could organize a get together down here in the fall?
That would be fantastic!

____________________________
Admiral Maggie
1979 C&C 30 MK1
Annapolis, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #13  
Old 03-02-2013
RobGallagher's Avatar
HANUMAN
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Noank, Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 13
RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

We have let the poll run for nearly a month and the results are in.

Publishing the actual results via the fluidsurveys.com website would require a paid subscription. That seems like a waste of resources so I will take the liberty to summarize the results.

We received 40 legitimate responses. For some strange reason, not everyone completed every question. Even stranger, one person wanted us all to travel to Savannah and buy blueberry pie.

Location:
Block Island - 8
Mystic - 6
Clinton - 5
Stonington - 5
Greenport - 5
"Other" - 10

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would not affect the results, one vote each for:
Anywhere accessible by car
Port Jefferson
New London/Groton
Cape Cod
Any port except Clinton
Clinton

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would affect the results, one vote each for:
Stonington, Mystic, Block Island, in that order +1 for Stonington
Block Island, Shelter Island, Milford, Branford +1 for Block Island
Block Island but I fear it may be crowded 9/6 9/8 +1 for Block Island
Any prefer Stonington or Mystic = +1 for Stonington

These "Other" votes change the top two totals:
Block Island - 10
Stonington - 7

Weekend of event:
Sept 6-8 - 13
Sept 13-15 - 12
Other - 13

"Other" write-in votes:
Those who wrote in "open", "any", "either", etc. - 4
Those who wrote in a date in "July", "August", or "before Labor Day" - 4
One vote noted that "Sept 13-15 is Off Soundings, will be full", I count as 1 vote for Sept 6 - 8
Sept 6 - 8 seems to be the winner here.

What to do with the money:
Bring Rob Ball back - 13
Donate to a local Charity - 8
Other - 9

"Other" write in votes:
Give to Stu - 5
Bar/Party - 3
No suggestion - 1
Rob Ball is a clear winner, and again, anything left over can be given to Stu and/or a local charity. Maybe we can do both. Hat's off to those who voted with their liver, kindred spirits are we, first rounds on me!

Event price:
Keep it at $35 - 25
Raise the price - 13

So my math says it's Block Island, September 6, Rob Ball, $35, be there or be square.

David Risch was kind enough to contact Rob Ball and it sounds like he will be able to make it.

For those of you who can't bring your C&C, ferry service is easy, you don't really need a car on Block Island, and could easily park it at the ferry terminal on the mainland.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us who are 1/2 a daysail away might volunteer to sail some attendees over (weather permitting)?

I will contact a hotel within walking distance to Great Salt Pond/The Oar for a group rate if anyone is interested. Please email me.

Block Island is glorious in September! Great Salt Pond is easy in/out, I'm hoping we can all get our for a sail on Saturday afternoon.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gallagher
Trysail att gmail dott comm
__________________
HANUMAN
'88 C&C 30 MKII
NOANK, CT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #14  
Old 03-02-2013
chef2sail's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,713
Thanks: 23
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Rep Power: 7
chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
We have let the poll run for nearly a month and the results are in.

Publishing the actual results via the fluidsurveys.com website would require a paid subscription. That seems like a waste of resources so I will take the liberty to summarize the results.

We received 40 legitimate responses. For some strange reason, not everyone completed every question. Even stranger, one person wanted us all to travel to Savannah and buy blueberry pie.

Location:
Block Island - 8
Mystic - 6
Clinton - 5
Stonington - 5
Greenport - 5
"Other" - 10

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would not affect the results, one vote each for:
Anywhere accessible by car
Port Jefferson
New London/Groton
Cape Cod
Any port except Clinton
Clinton

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would affect the results, one vote each for:
Stonington, Mystic, Block Island, in that order +1 for Stonington
Block Island, Shelter Island, Milford, Branford +1 for Block Island
Block Island but I fear it may be crowded 9/6 9/8 +1 for Block Island
Any prefer Stonington or Mystic = +1 for Stonington

These "Other" votes change the top two totals:
Block Island - 10
Stonington - 7

Weekend of event:
Sept 6-8 - 13
Sept 13-15 - 12
Other - 13

"Other" write-in votes:
Those who wrote in "open", "any", "either", etc. - 4
Those who wrote in a date in "July", "August", or "before Labor Day" - 4
One vote noted that "Sept 13-15 is Off Soundings, will be full", I count as 1 vote for Sept 6 - 8
Sept 6 - 8 seems to be the winner here.

What to do with the money:
Bring Rob Ball back - 13
Donate to a local Charity - 8
Other - 9

"Other" write in votes:
Give to Stu - 5
Bar/Party - 3
No suggestion - 1
Rob Ball is a clear winner, and again, anything left over can be given to Stu and/or a local charity. Maybe we can do both. Hat's off to those who voted with their liver, kindred spirits are we, first rounds on me!

Event price:
Keep it at $35 - 25
Raise the price - 13

So my math says it's Block Island, September 6, Rob Ball, $35, be there or be square.

David Risch was kind enough to contact Rob Ball and it sounds like he will be able to make it.

For those of you who can't bring your C&C, ferry service is easy, you don't really need a car on Block Island, and could easily park it at the ferry terminal on the mainland.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us who are 1/2 a daysail away might volunteer to sail some attendees over (weather permitting)?

I will contact a hotel within walking distance to Great Salt Pond/The Oar for a group rate if anyone is interested. Please email me.

Block Island is glorious in September! Great Salt Pond is easy in/out, I'm hoping we can all get our for a sail on Saturday afternoon.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gallagher
Trysail att gmail dott comm
Great Job Rob,

Unfortunately we will alrady be back in the Chessie that weekend from our trip to the LI Sound. We will have been at Block the weekend before...drat...woul;d love to have met up with all you guys.

On another note could you possibly PM me or e mail me chef2sail at american OLine. Robs Balls contact information. Maybe J Aaornson and othe owners here in the Chessie could organize a Chesapeake C&C Rondevous down here in the fall time near the Annapolis Boat show time. How do you guys organize it? Do you get him a room. Does he speak? Do you all meet in one place. I have a great club where he could meet and maybe also speak and have a dinner ( it has a restuarnat.)/ The Tartan Rondevous also occurs here in July.

We have many C&C owners down here and they used to have a club/ organization so any help to ehlp us revive it will be welcome.

Dave
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___________________________
S/V Haleakala (Hawaiian for" House of the Sun")
C&C 35 MKIII Hull # 76
Parkville, Maryland
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #15  
Old 03-02-2013
RobGallagher's Avatar
HANUMAN
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Noank, Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 13
RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Great Job Rob,

Unfortunately we will alrady be back in the Chessie that weekend from our trip to the LI Sound. We will have been at Block the weekend before...drat...woul;d love to have met up with all you guys.

On another note could you possibly PM me or e mail me chef2sail at american OLine. Robs Balls contact information. Maybe J Aaornson and othe owners here in the Chessie could organize a Chesapeake C&C Rondevous down here in the fall time near the Annapolis Boat show time. How do you guys organize it? Do you get him a room. Does he speak? Do you all meet in one place. I have a great club where he could meet and maybe also speak and have a dinner ( it has a restuarnat.)/ The Tartan Rondevous also occurs here in July.

We have many C&C owners down here and they used to have a club/ organization so any help to ehlp us revive it will be welcome.

Dave
I don't actually have Rob Ball's contact information. I will pass along the message and your contact information.
__________________
HANUMAN
'88 C&C 30 MKII
NOANK, CT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #16  
Old 03-02-2013
blt2ski's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 9
blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

You guys are WAY behind puget sound and bc area. Seems to me they are in the 7-10 yr range as to how far and long they have had these kind of things. Even Jeanneau's are in the 10+ yr range, Islander, Ranger tugs, American tug, beneteau, tartan, catalina are all in the 5-10 yr minimum range! I thought you right coasters were ahead of us lefties!?!?!?!?!?

Marty
__________________
She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #17  
Old 03-03-2013
RobGallagher's Avatar
HANUMAN
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Noank, Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 13
RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
You guys are WAY behind puget sound and bc area. Seems to me they are in the 7-10 yr range as to how far and long they have had these kind of things. Even Jeanneau's are in the 10+ yr range, Islander, Ranger tugs, American tug, beneteau, tartan, catalina are all in the 5-10 yr minimum range! I thought you right coasters were ahead of us lefties!?!?!?!?!?

Marty
Apologies for that... It's New England, we recently stopped burning witches and dancing is still illegal, but we adhere to the don't ask don't tell about the Harlem Shake.
__________________
HANUMAN
'88 C&C 30 MKII
NOANK, CT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #18  
Old 03-03-2013
blt2ski's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 9
blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
Apologies for that... It's New England, we recently stopped burning witches and dancing is still illegal, but we adhere to the don't ask don't tell about the Harlem Shake.
That is good that you stopped burnen them witches! We still have the injun type folks out here to deal with.........but we do just fine...
__________________
She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #19  
Old 03-03-2013
jsaronson's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 777
Thanks: 2
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 3
jsaronson is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

I think a dinner the weekend of the Annapolis boat show is a great idea. We would have to find a suitable spot nearby but not too close to show. Maybe Galesville?
Dave any ideas?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #20  
Old 03-03-2013
chef2sail's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,713
Thanks: 23
Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
Rep Power: 7
chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

I was actually think maybe a weekend away from the boat shows may the best as some may be going going to the show. I think one of the succeess was that Rob Gallahgers was in Mystic at the Seaport for a weekend and that they all could dock and hang out. A marina would be ideal for this. That would be hard to reserve spot in Annapolis on the boat show weekends

Galesville may be on the stretch side of this for those with smaller C&Cs to get to from our area. and other than Camp Letts...which is a great place for a gathering, there is no mainas for that many transients. For us on the best of days its 6 hours.

Thats doesnt mean its out, good suggestion lets see if we can get others to bite. We probably should start another thread so we dont hijack Robs
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___________________________
S/V Haleakala (Hawaiian for" House of the Sun")
C&C 35 MKIII Hull # 76
Parkville, Maryland
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer 2013 New England SailNet Rendezvous DougSabbag US Northeast 55 07-31-2013 09:44 PM
2013 5th Annual Sailnet Chesapeake Rondevous- June 8, 2013 chef2sail Chesapeake Bay 286 06-13-2013 06:07 PM
PNW Wauquiez Rendezvous bhofler Wauquiez 1 01-26-2011 02:31 PM
CS West rendezvous proflyer CS Yachts 0 06-12-2008 09:58 PM
Rendezvous 2008 badsanta Island Packet 3 05-09-2008 02:04 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012