Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

Oh, and bump:

C&C 2013 Northeast Rendezvous

http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/cnc-...13-rendezvous/
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2013
1979 C&C 30 MK1

flyingjib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Rob,
There are quite a few C&C on the Chessie and maybe a few of us could organize a get together down here in the fall?
That would be fantastic!

Old 03-02-2013
HANUMAN

We have let the poll run for nearly a month and the results are in.

Publishing the actual results via the fluidsurveys.com website would require a paid subscription. That seems like a waste of resources so I will take the liberty to summarize the results.

We received 40 legitimate responses. For some strange reason, not everyone completed every question. Even stranger, one person wanted us all to travel to Savannah and buy blueberry pie.

Mystic - 6
Clinton - 5
Stonington - 5
Greenport - 5
"Other" - 10

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would not affect the results, one vote each for:
Anywhere accessible by car
Port Jefferson
New London/Groton
Cape Cod
Any port except Clinton
Clinton

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would affect the results, one vote each for:
Stonington, Mystic, Block Island, in that order +1 for Stonington
Block Island, Shelter Island, Milford, Branford +1 for Block Island
Block Island but I fear it may be crowded 9/6 9/8 +1 for Block Island
Any prefer Stonington or Mystic = +1 for Stonington

These "Other" votes change the top two totals:
Block Island - 10
Stonington - 7

Weekend of event:
Sept 6-8 - 13
Sept 13-15 - 12
Other - 13

"Other" write-in votes:
Those who wrote in "open", "any", "either", etc. - 4
Those who wrote in a date in "July", "August", or "before Labor Day" - 4
One vote noted that "Sept 13-15 is Off Soundings, will be full", I count as 1 vote for Sept 6 - 8
Sept 6 - 8 seems to be the winner here.

What to do with the money:
Bring Rob Ball back - 13
Donate to a local Charity - 8
Other - 9

"Other" write in votes:
Give to Stu - 5
Bar/Party - 3
No suggestion - 1
Rob Ball is a clear winner, and again, anything left over can be given to Stu and/or a local charity. Maybe we can do both. Hat's off to those who voted with their liver, kindred spirits are we, first rounds on me!

Event price:
Keep it at $35 - 25
Raise the price - 13

So my math says it's Block Island, September 6, Rob Ball, $35, be there or be square.

David Risch was kind enough to contact Rob Ball and it sounds like he will be able to make it.

For those of you who can't bring your C&C, ferry service is easy, you don't really need a car on Block Island, and could easily park it at the ferry terminal on the mainland.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us who are 1/2 a daysail away might volunteer to sail some attendees over (weather permitting)?

I will contact a hotel within walking distance to Great Salt Pond/The Oar for a group rate if anyone is interested. Please email me.

Block Island is glorious in September! Great Salt Pond is easy in/out, I'm hoping we can all get our for a sail on Saturday afternoon.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gallagher
Trysail att gmail dott comm
Old 03-02-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
We have let the poll run for nearly a month and the results are in.

Publishing the actual results via the fluidsurveys.com website would require a paid subscription. That seems like a waste of resources so I will take the liberty to summarize the results.

We received 40 legitimate responses. For some strange reason, not everyone completed every question. Even stranger, one person wanted us all to travel to Savannah and buy blueberry pie.

Mystic - 6
Clinton - 5
Stonington - 5
Greenport - 5
"Other" - 10

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would not affect the results, one vote each for:
Anywhere accessible by car
Port Jefferson
New London/Groton
Cape Cod
Any port except Clinton
Clinton

As to the write-in votes in "Other" that would affect the results, one vote each for:
Stonington, Mystic, Block Island, in that order +1 for Stonington
Block Island, Shelter Island, Milford, Branford +1 for Block Island
Block Island but I fear it may be crowded 9/6 9/8 +1 for Block Island
Any prefer Stonington or Mystic = +1 for Stonington

These "Other" votes change the top two totals:
Block Island - 10
Stonington - 7

Weekend of event:
Sept 6-8 - 13
Sept 13-15 - 12
Other - 13

"Other" write-in votes:
Those who wrote in "open", "any", "either", etc. - 4
Those who wrote in a date in "July", "August", or "before Labor Day" - 4
One vote noted that "Sept 13-15 is Off Soundings, will be full", I count as 1 vote for Sept 6 - 8
Sept 6 - 8 seems to be the winner here.

What to do with the money:
Bring Rob Ball back - 13
Donate to a local Charity - 8
Other - 9

"Other" write in votes:
Give to Stu - 5
Bar/Party - 3
No suggestion - 1
Rob Ball is a clear winner, and again, anything left over can be given to Stu and/or a local charity. Maybe we can do both. Hat's off to those who voted with their liver, kindred spirits are we, first rounds on me!

Event price:
Keep it at $35 - 25
Raise the price - 13

So my math says it's Block Island, September 6, Rob Ball, $35, be there or be square.

David Risch was kind enough to contact Rob Ball and it sounds like he will be able to make it.

For those of you who can't bring your C&C, ferry service is easy, you don't really need a car on Block Island, and could easily park it at the ferry terminal on the mainland.

Maybe, just maybe, some of us who are 1/2 a daysail away might volunteer to sail some attendees over (weather permitting)?

I will contact a hotel within walking distance to Great Salt Pond/The Oar for a group rate if anyone is interested. Please email me.

Block Island is glorious in September! Great Salt Pond is easy in/out, I'm hoping we can all get our for a sail on Saturday afternoon.

Stay tuned.

Rob Gallagher
Trysail att gmail dott comm
Great Job Rob,

Unfortunately we will alrady be back in the Chessie that weekend from our trip to the LI Sound. We will have been at Block the weekend before...drat...woul;d love to have met up with all you guys.

On another note could you possibly PM me or e mail me chef2sail at american OLine. Robs Balls contact information. Maybe J Aaornson and othe owners here in the Chessie could organize a Chesapeake C&C Rondevous down here in the fall time near the Annapolis Boat show time. How do you guys organize it? Do you get him a room. Does he speak? Do you all meet in one place. I have a great club where he could meet and maybe also speak and have a dinner ( it has a restuarnat.)/ The Tartan Rondevous also occurs here in July.

We have many C&C owners down here and they used to have a club/ organization so any help to ehlp us revive it will be welcome.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 03-02-2013
HANUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Great Job Rob,

Unfortunately we will alrady be back in the Chessie that weekend from our trip to the LI Sound. We will have been at Block the weekend before...drat...woul;d love to have met up with all you guys.

On another note could you possibly PM me or e mail me chef2sail at american OLine. Robs Balls contact information. Maybe J Aaornson and othe owners here in the Chessie could organize a Chesapeake C&C Rondevous down here in the fall time near the Annapolis Boat show time. How do you guys organize it? Do you get him a room. Does he speak? Do you all meet in one place. I have a great club where he could meet and maybe also speak and have a dinner ( it has a restuarnat.)/ The Tartan Rondevous also occurs here in July.

We have many C&C owners down here and they used to have a club/ organization so any help to ehlp us revive it will be welcome.

Dave
I don't actually have Rob Ball's contact information. I will pass along the message and your contact information.
Old 03-02-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

You guys are WAY behind puget sound and bc area. Seems to me they are in the 7-10 yr range as to how far and long they have had these kind of things. Even Jeanneau's are in the 10+ yr range, Islander, Ranger tugs, American tug, beneteau, tartan, catalina are all in the 5-10 yr minimum range! I thought you right coasters were ahead of us lefties!?!?!?!?!?

Marty
Old 03-03-2013
HANUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
You guys are WAY behind puget sound and bc area. Seems to me they are in the 7-10 yr range as to how far and long they have had these kind of things. Even Jeanneau's are in the 10+ yr range, Islander, Ranger tugs, American tug, beneteau, tartan, catalina are all in the 5-10 yr minimum range! I thought you right coasters were ahead of us lefties!?!?!?!?!?

Marty
Apologies for that... It's New England, we recently stopped burning witches and dancing is still illegal, but we adhere to the don't ask don't tell about the Harlem Shake.
Old 03-03-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
Apologies for that... It's New England, we recently stopped burning witches and dancing is still illegal, but we adhere to the don't ask don't tell about the Harlem Shake.
That is good that you stopped burnen them witches! We still have the injun type folks out here to deal with.........but we do just fine...
Old 03-03-2013

jsaronson is on a distinguished road

I think a dinner the weekend of the Annapolis boat show is a great idea. We would have to find a suitable spot nearby but not too close to show. Maybe Galesville?
Dave any ideas?
Old 03-03-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

I was actually think maybe a weekend away from the boat shows may the best as some may be going going to the show. I think one of the succeess was that Rob Gallahgers was in Mystic at the Seaport for a weekend and that they all could dock and hang out. A marina would be ideal for this. That would be hard to reserve spot in Annapolis on the boat show weekends

Galesville may be on the stretch side of this for those with smaller C&Cs to get to from our area. and other than Camp Letts...which is a great place for a gathering, there is no mainas for that many transients. For us on the best of days its 6 hours.

Thats doesnt mean its out, good suggestion lets see if we can get others to bite. We probably should start another thread so we dont hijack Robs

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner