SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   C&C Rendezvous 2013 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/96415-c-c-rendezvous-2013-a.html)

RobGallagher 02-06-2013 04:19 PM

C&C Rendezvous 2013

Below is a link to a poll regarding the 2013 C&C Rendezvous.

CnC 2013 Rendezvous

Last year it was held at the Mystic Seaport in Mystic, CT.

16 classic C&C Yachts/C&C designed yachts showed up.
About 60 people showed via sailboat, planes, trains, or automobiles.
3 dogs attended.

Rob Ball was flown in and gave a wonderful talk on the history of C&C Yachts and we still had $850 dollars left over to donate to the CNCPhotoalbum.com

A private tour of the MORGAN restoration was given, as well as another private tour.

We all made new friends, and generated hangovers.

The question now is, how do we top it?

Greyhound37 02-06-2013 04:46 PM

Re: C&C Rendezvous 2013

I am surprised only 16 boats attended. I owned a 3/4 ton that we loved. You better move the event to Annapolis ;-)

chef2sail 02-06-2013 04:56 PM

There are quite a few of us on the Chessie who own C&Cs and are already in touch with each other. We have a Sailnet Rondevous ( 5th year) where we get quite a turnout. Maybe having a C&C one would be a good idea as well some day. Not sure I would want to do it in Annapolis though. Too crowded.

Dave

RobGallagher 02-06-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyhound37 (Post 986667)
I am surprised only 16 boats attended. I owned a 3/4 ton that we loved. You better move the event to Annapolis ;-)

It was the first year. This year we should do a little better. :)

AirborneSF 02-06-2013 06:04 PM

I'll watch this post, just don't make it on 8 Jun 13. C-5; C&C Chesapeake Cruisers Club? LOL

rox33861 02-06-2013 06:28 PM

have it in Texas, everything is bigger down here!

chef2sail 02-06-2013 08:34 PM

Rob,

I filled out survey. We will be up in the Sound at the end of August. If the date would change we can make it. Do not change for us though unless there is a lot. Wed love to meet up anyway with you should the date remain in September. It great you are taking the lead and organizing. Thank you.

There are quite a few C&C on the Chessie and maybe a few of us could organize a get together down here in the fall?

RobGallagher 02-07-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 986782)
Rob,

I filled out survey. We will be up in the Sound at the end of August. If the date would change we can make it. Do not change for us though unless there is a lot. Wed love to meet up anyway with you should the date remain in September. It great you are taking the lead and organizing. Thank you.

There are quite a few C&C on the Chessie and maybe a few of us could organize a get together down here in the fall?

Don't forget to give me a shout if you get to Mystic :)

chef2sail 02-08-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobGallagher (Post 987367)
Don't forget to give me a shout if you get to Mystic :)

It appears we are doing Newport, Block, Greenport and either Stonington or Mystic this year. Along with Port Jeff and Northport. A few unscehduled also. Aside from Stonington are there mooring anchorage available anywhere in Mystic. I know there are fields of them on the way in as well as an anchorage a long way away.

Dave

RobGallagher 02-08-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2sail (Post 987460)
It appears we are doing Newport, Block, Greenport and either Stonington or Mystic this year. Along with Port Jeff and Northport. A few unscehduled also. Aside from Stonington are there mooring anchorage available anywhere in Mystic. I know there are fields of them on the way in as well as an anchorage a long way away.

Dave

I have my own mooring, you can use it if I'm not on it, or, I'll find a spot for you. The marina I use for my dinghy space does not rent transients, but he will find a spot if you are "a friend of a friend".

Noank is a place lost in 1950. You will love it. And you can dink up the river to Mystic.

PM me if you decide to stop.