Cruising/learning - Page 2 - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 02-19-2013
Re: Cruising/learning

i have learned a hell of a lot about sailing on this site,jeff h has schooled me and actually changned my direction on boat preformance and therefore purchase,,,,maine sail has excellent work on boat maintenance issues that has come into play on my vessel......this site rocks and was the only site of this type that i routinely viewed while on my 4400 mile roundtrip to the bahamas,from maine
downeast450 likes this.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 Old 02-19-2013
Broad Reachin'

If you've got the motivation and talents to make such a website, I say go for it! Remember, content is king, so make the information well-written and well-researched. The web is a crowded place and you'll need top-notch content and/or a unique approach to capture a big audience. Which begs the question, are you planning to monetize the website, or simply put it out there as a resource?

Or, if you're like me, you'll make the website as a learning tool for yourself because you learn easiest by writing/sharing and simply enjoy the process, regardless of the traffic.

Catalina 34

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 02-19-2013

...and if you need an example of rock star content, check out KW's website.

Bristol 27

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.