SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Search function - C&C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/96735-search-function-c-c.html)

aelkin 02-17-2013 07:57 PM

Search function - C&C

Hi Folks;
First post - sorry if I ask some completely stupid questions.
I keep reading that there are lots of resources for C&C 35 MkI owners on Sailnet, but whenever I search 'C&C', or 'C and C', etc....I get a message that says 'no matches'.
However, if I search 'Cuthbertson', I get a whole mess of posts with C&C in the title...what gives?

Am I searching incorrectly?

Any help is appreciated!

aelkin

Faster 02-17-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Search function - C&C

I don't think Sailnet has ever had a 'great C&C resource", but there is a C&C section on the boat builders' forum.

The best C&C support seems to be here:

C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center

.. but that said there are plenty of SNers who own C&Cs who'd be happy to help...

msmith10 02-17-2013 09:06 PM

I don't find the C&C resource center particularly helpful, frankly. It's too rarely visited- if you have specific questions about your C&C, post them and I guarantee (double your money back) you'll get plenty of responses. There are C&C specific threads listed here in "boat builders row".

Andrew Burton 02-17-2013 09:56 PM

Sign up with the email list off the C&C photo album site. There are a bunch of really knowledgeable sailors there. As a new owner of a C&C, I've found them extremely helpful.

Barquito 02-17-2013 10:56 PM

I've found the best way to find specific things on SN is to google the search with 'site:sailnet.com' following the search (with one space between search and site.

Faster 02-17-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barquito (Post 991649)
I've found the best way to find specific things on SN is to google the search with 'site:sailnet.com' following the search (with one space between search and site.

Actually, SN comes up pretty early on a Google page on most anything sailing related..

chef2sail 02-18-2013 12:48 AM

The C&C owners site has a very active posting component once you figure out how to use it. Sailnet is great or general info and the C&C site for specific items on your boat.

We have a 35 MKIII k/c , a later model of yours. Great boats.

Welcome to Sailnet and feel free to PM me after you reach the requsite number of posts required to PM. I see you are in he Ontario area. Lots of C&Cs there as well as a few 35 racing/sailing fleets and clubs.

Dave

jsaronson 02-18-2013 11:44 AM

there is a very active 35/1 group in Detroit.

aelkin 02-18-2013 05:40 PM

All;
Thanks very much for your replies.
A couple of notes:
1. I was looking for advice about how to search properly.
2. I keep hearing about the 'active' 35Mk1 group in Detroit, but their website appears to be completely useless and dated, and there is essentially no way to contact anyone. I have emailed multiple owners in that group after 'stalking' them by retreiving email addresses from previous regatta sign-ups....and not one has replied!!

Finding actual C&C 35 I owners appears to be like sighting the Loch Ness Monster!!

Cheers!

aelkin

chef2sail 02-18-2013 05:58 PM

Again some of them post in the blogs

C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center