SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Do it Yourself Boat Yard Cape Cod?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ccollins0601 
#1 ·
Hey All,
We're trying to figure out our next move. It seems like in order to really get the necessary refit done to get out there we're going to need to move off the boat next winter. We've got an opportunity for housing and potentially work in the Cape Cod region but we're wondering if anyone knows of a good do-it-yourself boat yard in the Cape Cod, Southeastern Mass area. One with inside storage would be exceptional so we could work on her year round. We're young and on a budget so we really need the ability to do almost all the work ourselves.

Any thoughts? Reviews?

Thanks All!
S/V Zephyr

#3 ·
I'm currently at Earl's Marina in Fairhaven and formerly Mattapoisett Boatyard. I'd recommend both. No inside storage at Earl's, not sure about Mattapoisett. I'd reckon you're going to pay dear for the inside storage option anywhere, so that might be tough if you're on a tight budget. I've looked at options on the Cape before and it seems to be substantially pricier than the SE mass area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.