SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   O''Day "rOnDAYvous 04" (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/9686-oday-%22rondayvous-04%22.html)

maestro 05-07-2004 10:35 AM

O''''Day "rOnDAYvous 04"

it''s not too late to sign up for the "rOnDAYvous"

THER STILL IS TIME!!!! Come one and all O''Day sailors to the 2nd annual O''DAY "rOnDAYvous" at Liberty Landing MArina July 16-18!!!! FUN,FOOD,DRINK,meet your fellow O''Day sailors and their boats!!!

I will post the original message below....

Greetings, one and all:

Here''s some new information regarding the
second annual rOnDAYvous, to be held this year at Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City, NJ.

LLM is now on notice to mark the weekend of July 16-18 for the arrival of a dozen or more diehard O''Day owners.

Efforts will be made to group the O''Dayers together more or less, although size will
determine placement to some extent. (I assured her that we do not expect any 40-plus-footers, and very few 30-plus-footers.) Daily transient
rates are $3 per foot per boat, plus electric, which for our size boats would be an additional 10 cents per foot per day.

So far so good?

Now, let''s talk discounts! The transient rate is discounted 5% for 10-19 boats, discounted by 10% for 20-29 boats, and by 15% for 30 or more
boats. By one tally, we already have 11 O''Days signed up (coming from places as diverse as Connecticut, upstate NY, the Jersey Shore, and even a trailer sailor from Wisconsin!). In other words, we only need 9 more to get to the 10% discount level! There''s no reason to think we can''t do it!

Reservations can be made individually or as a group, and IMHO, I believe we ought to proceed individually. I have a faxed copy of the reservation form, which I can scan and email to anyone interested. (A quick check of the Liberty
Landing website -- http://www.llmarina.com -- does not appear to show a page for on-line reservations.)

The reservation form requires such info as: boat owner''s name, address, phone, vessel name, length, beam, arrival date, departure date, and any special requests or info.

If you reserve a slip, I was told that you should mention my name -- Pete Dodenhoff -- and the O''Day owners gathering, to help the LLM staff keep things properly organized.

I was also told to contact the owner/manager of the marina''s Lightship Bar and Grill talk to him about discounts, deals, etc. I got the impression that maybe they can toss us a little hospitality (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

The weekend of July 16-18 looked good on the marina calendar, but dilly-dallying is not in our best interest, so it was suggested that we
get our act together -- that is, make the reservations -- before the end of April. Hard to imagine, making sailing plans before the boats are even in the water, but that''s the way it''s gotta be.

Several other O''Dayers have strongly indicated interest, but either didn''t commit one way or another, or said they''d be coming by car just to join the festivities. Directions by land to the marina can be found at the LLM website.

A very quick scan of just the tri-state roster at odayowners.com shows scores of potential attendees. There are many, many more from RI, MA, MD. It''s time for coastal cruisers, trailer sailors and O''Day owners in general to mark their calendars for the weekend of July 16-18 for the big fun at Liberty Landing Marina. Beat the bushes, spread the word, and get some aye-ayes from our fellow O''Dayers. If you want a copy of the rOnDAYvous ''04 flyer to post at your marina or hand out to a fellow O''Dayer, just say the word and I''ll attach it to an email.

Pete
"EmmyLou" (272LE) -- on the market, well equipped and reasonably priced
Little Silver, NJ

maestro 06-16-2004 07:03 AM

O''''Day "rOnDAYvous 04"

to keep this in the forefront of every O''Day sailor''s minds...... July 16th is coming SOON. Register at Liberty Landing Marina for the 2nd annual O''Day "rOnDAYvous"

maestro 07-11-2004 05:50 PM

O''''Day "rOnDAYvous 04"

1 week left...there''s STILL time. If you are an O"Day Sailboat owner, the 2nd annual "rOnDAYvous" will be at Liberty Landing Marina Jersey City NJ next weekend (July 16-18) COntact Debbie at LLM for reservations or contact me at maestro73@optonline.net

A Great weekend..............