SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Thanks MaineSail! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/97480-thanks-mainesail.html)

Silvio 03-11-2013 08:46 AM

Thanks MaineSail!

Hey Mainesail,
Thanks for your tips and How-to's! I followed your advice on buffing and polishing and am very pleased with the result. Definitely a learning curve, but much shallower than if I did not have your posted step by step to lead the way.

Thought I would give you a shout out and say thanks. :)

Maine Sail 03-11-2013 09:06 AM

Re: Thanks MaineSail!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvio (Post 1001024)
Hey Mainesail,
Thanks for your tips and How-to's! I followed your advice on buffing and polishing and am very pleased with the result. Definitely a learning curve, but much shallower than if I did not have your posted step by step to lead the way.

Always glad when I can help!

Nicklaus 03-11-2013 09:40 AM

I just polished my freeboard with Collinite 885 and was wondering what you recommended for the decks.

Thanks.

eherlihy 03-11-2013 09:47 AM

Woody Wax works GREAT for nonskid.

Also, if Maine Sail has helped you out, consider donating something to him via this link.

DISCLAIMER: I have NO financial interest in Maine Sail, but I do appreciate his "pay it forward" philosophy, and the time that he spends making his tutorials, and participation in multiple forums.

padean 03-11-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eherlihy (Post 1001041)
Woody Wax works GREAT for nonskid.

Also, if Maine Sail has helped you out, consider donating something to him via this link.

DISCLAIMER: I have NO financial interest in Maine Sail, but I do appreciate his "pay it forward" philosophy, and the time that he spends making his tutorials, and participation in multiple forums.

Or equally beneficial, consider purchasing some of those do-it-yourself items from his site. The butyl tape has come in very useful over the years.

Thanks Maine Sail for all the "How-To" advice.

rockDAWG 03-11-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvio (Post 1001024)
Hey Mainesail,

Yeap, Mainesail has lot of good stuff on his site. It is very detailed and easy to follow. :)

Rhapsody-NS27 05-27-2013 12:46 PM

The How-To site a great resource.

I just had a survey on my boat last Monday. The surveyor got to the seacock that I replaced and said it looked like it was done by a professional. I did not expect any high praise for it but I am happy with how it turned out. 7 more seacocks to replace and now more confident in being able to do this work.

My thanks as well.