SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Saroca boat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/975-saroca-boat.html)

mwatt 03-19-2001 11:35 AM

Saroca boat

Has anyone had any experience with Saroca boats? These are multi-use boats that can be equipped for sailing, canoeing, sculling or mounted with a small outboard.

Jeff_H 03-23-2001 03:41 AM

Saroca boat

Actually, these are soft chine boats. They are a very interesting concept. While they do not excel at any of the things that the Saroca is supposed to do (paddle, row, sail or motor) when compared to specialized canoes, shells, power or sailboats, it does all of these things reasonably well. They are a very appealing design that were built with high quality materials, good workmanship and cleaver engineering.

The company was being raffled off a year or so ago so I have no idea whether the boats are still in production and if the quality had changed. They sold a surprising large number of these boats over the years so you might find a good used one. My guess is that a lot of these boast were sold to people with big asperations who would have moved on to more specialized boats.

Jeff

geoh 08-07-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwatt (Post 3006)
Has anyone had any experience with Saroca boats? These are multi-use boats that can be equipped for sailing, canoeing, sculling or mounted with a small outboard.

I own one for sale!

Very FUN to sail on lakes here in NH. Never seen salt water.

PM me......

hobmonger 05-10-2009 07:47 PM

Saroca

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoh (Post 351483)
I own one for sale!

Very FUN to sail on lakes here in NH. Never seen salt water.

PM me......

I would like to get hold of you (PM) to see if you still have the Saroca, but the rules say I must have more than five posts. so this makes two...

If anyone else has a Saroca please let me know.
Thanks
Dan

geoh 05-10-2009 09:02 PM

Saroca

Dan,

I sold mine about a month ago, having had it in my garage about 10 years!
I had a few regrets, but had no trailer or any place along shore to keep it.
Great multi-purpose craft!

George

jpsplus 06-23-2009 08:05 PM

Saroca in NH Dan- you still interested?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobmonger (Post 484575)
I would like to get hold of you (PM) to see if you still have the Saroca, but the rules say I must have more than five posts. so this makes two...

If anyone else has a Saroca please let me know.
Thanks
Dan

Dan- I have one in southern NH if you are still interested

John

jpsplus at a o l

riverview2 07-02-2009 06:24 AM

Looking for Saroca for sale/sail

John in NH

Am looking for a Saroca, ideally with trailer. What are its particulars and price you have in mind?

John on the Hudson

jpsplus 07-02-2009 10:55 PM

Saroca in NH Dan- you still interested?

Hi John on Hudson,

I'll get some pics up tomorrow- Trailer possible- the one I have is from another boat.

The Saroca is white/White set up for sailing. According to the Manufacturer, it was built in 1993.

Oars, engine mount etc available at sarocaboats.com

i haven't fixed a price yet- It was purchased a couple of years ago for $3000, including oars that have been used on another project. I have a leaky centerboard trunk to fix and an in the process of getting that taken care of. I have an outboard for it but no mount- $90 from Saroca.

make me an offer...

Also, as we live on a lake, it is easy to take for a spin. we are about 2 hours form Albany and hartford CT on the NH/MA border-

John in NH...

riverview2 07-03-2009 06:34 PM

Saroca Pics?

John in NH, Hi

Thnks for getting back to me....Look forward to pics, tell me about the centerboard trunk leak.
Is Trailer a good or just OK fit for this boat?

Coming to NH for sail/pick up not a problem.

Enjoy your 4th.
Thanks,

John on Hudson

havasuron 09-15-2009 09:54 AM

Have Saroca for sale in Western AZ

Includes sail, rowing package (sliding seat, 10' ash oars & oarlocks), 3 paddles, (2) 7' oars & oarlocks, 2 dagger boards, lightweight elec. trolling motor with homemade 'quick change' motor mount, fore & aft compartment covers, all-aluminum trailer with spare. Everything is in like-new condition. Anyone interested in the boat or wants to talk to a Saroca owner can call me at:
(928) 486-8851. Must comment on the rowing aspect since my Saroca replaced my rowing shell. The Saroca, while not as fast, can be used in rougher water. The oarlocks being higher keep the oars from catching in every little wind-wave or boat wake wave. If you row for excercise and its not 'glass' water keeping your rhythm is worth the loss of speed; IMO.