SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Smackdaddy needs your thoughts/prayers

58K views 308 replies 217 participants last post by  Gadagirl 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Steve (aka Smackdaddy)

Updated content by Jeff J - Forum Admin, Rob, Kane and everyone else at Sailnet H.Q.

On behalf of everyone at SailNet and the entire SailNet community, I would like to offer our deepest sympathies to Smackdaddy. As some of you undoubtedly know by now, Smackdaddy recently suffered the tragic loss of his wife in an automobile accident. While I would not be so presumptuous to pretend that anything we might offer, would alleviate his loss, it is my hope that by letting Smackdaddy know that we stand with him as a community, keeping him in our thoughts and our prayers, we might offer him some small degree of emotional comfort and shelter during this time. Smackdaddy has played a key role in maintaining the vibrancy of the SailNet community for many years. Please join us in letting Smackdaddy know we are thinking of him and his family.

Click Here if you'd like to help Smackdaddy out

Smack of The Month : BFSshop.com, is the official home of BFS Gear for Big Freakin Sails!

See less See more
#37 ·
Steve,
I'm terribly sorry to hear of your problems, whatever they entail. I know this might seem like bs, as I don't know you, nor you, me, but it's not. I've read your stuff here, and you seem like a good person, trying to help when you can. Cruisingdad thought it worth mentioning here, so that's good enough for me. If the situation starts to overwhelm you, please don't wait to find a good listener. Clergy, professional, whom ever.
The best to you sir, and you are in our Prayers.....

#45 ·
I have often been a beneficiary of Steve's/Smackdaddy's posts, whether for the sailing insights or the sheer entertainment value. I don't know what loss he is facing, but I don't need to, and frankly no one can really know or judge another person's loss. All we can do is acknowledge it, and hope that the number of persons who would like to "give back" by offering our moral support will lift his spirits and help him get through whatever he faces.

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers.

Mark
S/V Reality
New Orleans

#51 ·
Hey Steve whatever it is that is wrong with life I hope it's over soon. I'm not religious man so prayers are not my thing but I really hope things improve for you.

Reactions: smackdaddy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.