SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Looking for a used or new raytheon raydata st60 plus (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/97677-looking-used-new-raytheon-raydata-st60-plus.html)

Shiraz 03-18-2013 04:01 PM

Looking for a used or new raytheon raydata st60 plus

Hi:

My raytheon raydata st60 plus liquid crystal display is gone. Anyone knows where can I find a used or new one?

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Shiraz
New Community membr

Classic30 03-18-2013 06:04 PM

Re: Looking for a used or new raytheon raydata st60 plus

Shiraz, first off, welcome to Sailnet. :)

The ST60+ has only recently been superceded, but with such a large installed base Raymarine will be stocking parts for these for years to come. Contact your local Raymarine dealer - I am sure they will have it fixed in no time.

Shiraz 03-18-2013 09:01 PM

Hi there thanks soooo much for you prompt reply and for welcoming me to this community.
Just to inform you I have all other sailing instruments from Raymarine and a auto pilot as well but unfortunately this Raytheon Raydata 60plus has been such a great performer on the chart table. I been using it since long as a repeater.
I am aware that Raymarine took over Raytheon, been in touch with them, send them two instruments for repair and the Raydata and where repaired but the Raydata as they do not have the display unit, so they sent it back.
I will follow your advice and will come back to them but in the meantime will try to get a used one or so.
Also tried to connect a Raymarine graphic Data plus but on its back only have two SeaTalk and two nmea in and nmea out, Raydata also has speed and depth, so I won't have readings for is two.
Well this is my story and I will keep on looking as I haven't found an equal instrument inside the Raymarine ST60+.
Thanks again,

Shiraz

Classic30 03-18-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiraz (Post 1004438)
I will follow your advice and will come back to them but in the meantime will try to get a used one or so.
Also tried to connect a Raymarine graphic Data plus but on its back only have two SeaTalk and two nmea in and nmea out, Raydata also has speed and depth, so I won't have readings for is two.

Glad to help - a bit.. :)

I assume the ST60+ Tridata Display is the instrument you are wanting?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RAYMARINE-ST6...ONQ~~60_35.JPG

I bought one not long ago and can only assume they are still available as old-stock from various places on-line. Alternatively, it took <10 seconds to find one brand new on E-Bay..

Raymarine ST60 Tridata Display A22004 P | eBay

Shiraz 03-18-2013 10:03 PM

Nope I have that one the one that I am trying to connect is the Raymarine ST60+*Graphic Repeater Instrument Display

Classic30 03-18-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiraz (Post 1004463)
Nope I have that one the one that I am trying to connect is the Raymarine ST60+*Graphic Repeater Instrument Display

The Tridata Display has speed and depth inputs on the back... the Graphic Repeater doesn't.

Isn't that what you want?

Shiraz 03-18-2013 10:34 PM

Maybe I am confused. Tried to get full info on that instrumenta with a back pic where I can see connections but no luck. Can ypu get one a share it

Regards!!!!!

Classic30 03-19-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiraz (Post 1004476)
Maybe I am confused. Tried to get full info on that instrumenta with a back pic where I can see connections but no luck. Can ypu get one a share it

Regards!!!!!

The Tridata has speed/depth/temp input + 2 x Seatalk connections. As I understand it, the Graphic has 2 x Seatalk only.

It seems to me your best option is to download copies of the manuals for the two instruments you are thinking of using - the Tridata and the Graphic - and comparing the connections in there.

Good luck. :)

Shiraz 03-21-2013 09:58 PM

Thanks will do. Let you know how did it go