SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Surveyours by State / Region (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/97954-surveyours-state-region.html)

RealST 03-28-2013 03:29 PM

Surveyours by State / Region

Do we have a list of surveyors by State or Region?

I'm thinking someplace where you can write a review of someone you used and LIKED!

I'm in the market for a Surveyor near Mystic, CT so if you have recommendations or run away from lists, I'd love to hear / see them

CalebD 03-28-2013 04:38 PM

Re: Surveyours by State / Region

Check these websites:

US Surveyors by State
Find a Marine Surveyor | NAMSGlobal

RealST 03-28-2013 05:07 PM

Thanks. I had the SAMS link, but no the NAMS.
Hoping to find some reviews of people that used them too.

marcusc130 03-28-2013 05:09 PM

Surveyours by State / Region

I've used William Coble out of North Kingstown, RI a couple of times. I've always been very satisfied with his reports. I can PM you his contact information if you're interested. I'm pretty sure he would travel to mystic.

RealST 03-28-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusc130 (Post 1009154)
I've used William Coble out of North Kingstown, RI a couple of times. I've always been very satisfied with his reports. I can PM you his contact information if you're interested. I'm pretty sure he would travel to mystic.

Certainly yes, please PM me the details

miatapaul 03-28-2013 10:36 PM

BoatUS: Marine Insurance Program - Marine Surveyors

as well. I have had excellent referrals for Oceans Marine Service, but have not used him yet. His emails were helpful. They are a bit north of NYC so I am not sure what the charge would be to go to Mystic.

eherlihy 03-31-2013 07:54 PM

go to CaptainRated*

=> Services
=> Surveyors
=> Country
=> pick your region

They are all there...

Do us all a favor, and leave a report here if you use a surveyor.

RobGallagher 03-31-2013 09:11 PM

Mystic CT = Johnson Marine Services: Marine Survey, Surveyor Rhode Island RI, Connecticut CT, Boat Yacht Appraisal Survey

Look no further. I've heard good things about the Son, but, only have personal experience with the Old Man.

edit: I also had a boat surveyed in another part of the country. Just for the heck of it, I asked that surveyor if he knew Ken Johnson. He did and had nothing but high praise for him.

RealST 04-01-2013 11:13 AM

My deal fell through so no surveying at this point.

A case of an unrealistic seller. :(