SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The wrong thing to use as starting fluid

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ftldiver 
#1 ·
I know the chances are exceedingly remote but don't ever try using bug spray as starting fluid...actually don't try anything as starting fluid except starting fluid (Well I HAVE used carb cleaner a time or two). Anyway turn the sound up for this one.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541806692496290

#7 ·
still very funny even if staged.. and the fact the the guy at the wheel was only giving the engine little "touches" with the key instead of cranking it

#10 ·
Definitely staged... as with the case of so many of these sorts of 'Funniest Home Videos', why on earth would anyone bother recording such a mundane exercise, to begin with?

Unless it's prefaced with, "Here, hold my beer, watch this..."

The 'explosion' clearly appears to originate under the elevated seat behind the driver, after he has moved his right hand back into that vicinity...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.