I got a chance to visit the boat today. I took along my bimini (still a work in progress) in an effort to see if I had patterned everything properly. That was a joke - I couldn't keep the thing from sliding off! Oh well. From what I could tell, it might just fit.
Anyway, as I approached the boat, I noticed that there was a ladder against the hull, and I know I had used the swim ladder last weekend when I was there. I got aboard, and sure enough, someone from the marina had been aboard! There was a work order, and the engine compartment housing was off. Unfortunately, that's about it, but hey, it's progress! Who knows, maybe I'll have the boat back in the water before Independence Day!
I got a late start today and couldn't stay too long, so I focused on cleaning one of the last remaining eyesores on the boat (well, the biggest of the remaining eyesores anyway...), the icebox. It had been full of mold and just really gross, and every time I was aboard I kept thinking that I needed to clean it, but other stuff got in the way. So, today I spend about 2 hours scrubbing the inside with a Magic Eraser, Simple Green, and bleach and water. I will hit it with my vinegar and tea tree oil mixture next time I'm there so my work isn't a complete waste! I was very pleased with how it looked when I was done. I wouldn't eat the ice from in there, but sealed packages (like bottled water, bottles of soda, etc.) should be good to go now.
Over my two previous visits, I installed two solar powered fans. Those REALLY seemed to help a lot. The nasty rain yesterday really soaked the marina, and there was evidence that the water got into the boat, too. On top of that, it was really humid this morning when I arrived. But this was the first time that I was aboard and wasn't assaulted with a combination of musty and tea tree oil. There was a faint smell from the Kanberra, but for the most part it smelled decent.