Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Coast Ontario
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Pre sail checklist
1. stow everything.
2. ensure there is beer.
3. ensure there is rum.
4. ensure there is food.
5. disconnect the shorepower, if applicable.
6. disconnect water line, if applicable.
7. double check that the shorepower and water lines are disconnected, if applicable.
8. double check your double check.
9. Ensure that battery switch is in correct "on" position.
10. Double check 9.
11. Start blower, if applicable.
12. Open raw water intake seacock.
13. Check oil level, engine drive belt tension, do a visual check of all connections.
14. Enter data in log.
16. Ensure coolant is spitting from exhaust.
17. Unlimber boathooks.
18. Turn on VHF. Check weather.
19. Check once again that shorepower and water are disconnected, if applicable.
20. Remove sailcover(s).
21. ensure all halyards are connected and free running, any sail stops removed, halyards slack.*
22. Ensure all sheets are free running with stopper knots on bitter ends.
23. Brief crew on sailplan and cast off procedures.
24. Promise not to yell, again.
25. Locate winch handle(s)
26. Open and close all clutches to make sure they operate freely.
27. if docked, untie docklines, snag lines under horns of dock cleats to hold boat in slip.
28. ensure fairway is clear.
29. engage engine, throttle up gently, ease into fairway.
30. STOP! ease back into slip. Disconnect shorepower.
31. When clear of harbour, marina, and/or traffic, when prudent, reverse engine and goose throttle to clear prop of weeds.
32. When prudent, turn into wind and prepare to raise sails.
* This is the time to gutcheck the weather, and yourself. if you feel a reef might be in order, do it now.
I've probably left something out. Oh yeah...have fun!
It's 5 o'clock somewhere:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.