Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013

RossC32 is on a distinguished road
Boat Share in Vancouver BC

I have a Centurion 32' moored at the Burrard Civic Marina and I am looking for someone who might be interested in doing a boat share on it. I would like to simply share the operating costs proportional to days/time shared, not a shared ownship.

If you know Vancouver, then you will know this is pretty good moorage for this area. Not a lot of travel time to sail up (maybe 10 minutes?).

If you are interested, private mail me on this forum and I can provide more details.

Hope this is best Forum for this posting. If not, where should I have posted it?
Cheers,
Ross
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Boat Share in Vancouver BC

It's OK where it is, Ross.. it will get the best exposure.

Tricky business, that, but a good deal for the right person. You should have some specifics straight in your head.. ie costs, share/time distribution, insurance issues (including who's on the hook for the deductable depending on who had the incident, etc)

Best of luck!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 05-06-2013

Thanks very much for the feedback and suggestions. Very good ideas. I've put a sign in the marina, too, I'll start making a mental or even hard-copy list of things. Some of it is negotiable, of course. But, yes, I think it is a very good deal for someone wanting to learn about what is involved in owning and operating a boat. A good way to learn about "What I want in my next boat" without having to buy one first.
Old 05-29-2013

normandavison is on a distinguished road
Re: Boat Share in Vancouver BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossC32 View Post
Thanks very much for the feedback and suggestions. Very good ideas. I've put a sign in the marina, too, I'll start making a mental or even hard-copy list of things. Some of it is negotiable, of course. But, yes, I think it is a very good deal for someone wanting to learn about what is involved in owning and operating a boat. A good way to learn about "What I want in my next boat" without having to buy one first.
I too think you have a good idea, there should be some way to make it work, please keep me posted
norman2004@sprynet.com
Old 06-27-2013

Wow! This sounds exciting. And what a deal..,.oh, wait I'm the one who posted this. Just thought I'd bump this up to keep it alive. If you are interested but are new on Sailnet and can't pm people yet, send me an email at wee dram @ telus.net Just remove all spaces from the address.

Tags
boat share