Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree137Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Politics and Moderation

Dabnis,
You should work out the difference between an opinion, that your post was doubly stupid, and censorship or moderation. I don't believe I censored your doubly stupid post did I ? No, I simply opined that it was doubly stupid.
Now I dare say that there is many a Dabnis post that I disagree with yet they remain intact do they not ?
So fear not. If it is within my generally liberal (sorry for using such language) interpretation of the SailNet Scriptures then you can say what you like.
Cheers
Andrew B

ps - someone mentioned the word Dill and that Dill referred to male genitalia. Wrong. A Dill is simply an all purpose idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabnis View Post
From TDW:

#7 (permalink) 02-04-2013 - Add Post To Favorites
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator Join Date: Oct 2006

Re: Why high performance cars should be banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What a stupid stupid thread. Unbelievable that anyone can post this garbage. "

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/politi...ld-banned.html

I was not surprised when he said my post was "stupid" & "garbage". Generally, when someone dis-agrees with you they don't offer compliments.

Paul T

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 04-25-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road

just want to thanks all the mods. fairly new to this forum but it's become an addiction. they say you might as well be dead ( and well may be) ifyou don't learn something new every day. this place helps keep me off that hook. thanks again.
Old 04-25-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
We just wanted to remind everyone that there may come times when we have to alter sigs or posts that are political in nature and we would appreciate your understanding.

Brian
It also appears that posts get censored or eliminsted without explaination even though they are not political or religious in nature.

It has just happened to a few of mine

Could you explain why that might happen? Can we have a little transparency in the midst of the kambaya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-26-2013

Captainmeme is on a distinguished road

Maybe I am an insensitive clod, or just plain obtuse but could someone post a list of
offending signatures and avatars? I really can't recall any avatars or signatures I have recoiled in horror upon seeing.
Old 04-26-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
It also appears that posts get censored or eliminsted without explaination even though they are not political or religious in nature.

It has just happened to a few of mine

Could you explain why that might happen? Can we have a little transparency in the midst of the kambaya.
Such as...

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-26-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
Maybe I am an insensitive clod, or just plain obtuse but could someone post a list of
offending signatures and avatars? I really can't recall any avatars or signatures I have recoiled in horror upon seeing.
They are or were there. However, they may not have been offensive to you. They may not have been offensive to many others. But to some, who pressed the Report Post button, they were. And the reality is that they don't have a place on a sailing forum anyways. As has been noted, we are one of the few sailing forums that even have a OT. The reason for that is to keep that kind of stuff IN there, not out.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-26-2013

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They are or were there. However, they may not have been offensive to you. They may not have been offensive to many others. But to some, who pressed the Report Post button, they were. And the reality is that they don't have a place on a sailing forum anyways. As has been noted, we are one of the few sailing forums that even have a OT. The reason for that is to keep that kind of stuff IN there, not out.

Brian
PLEASE don't get rid off "Off-Topic." It is quite different from that same sort of discussion on non-sailing boards, no doubt because of the different nature of the folks that post here. I find it very entertaining, though I only seldom post there. True, it is a place where thick skins are advisable. On the other hand the person is not in front of you and is easily ignored, unlike a neighbor or wife; thus, it is a fun place to hone rhetoric. I consider it a highlight and is often what brings me back.
chef2sail likes this.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

Old 04-26-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqaltair View Post
PLEASE don't get rid off "Off-Topic." ... I consider it a highlight and is often what brings me back.
Hmmm. If you're returning more for the OT section than for the sailing topics, are we doing something wrong?

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 04-26-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Such as...
CD, it seems the entire Active Captain thread vanished. I'm not going to get emotionally attached to any thread, so I'm sure there was a reason. It's odd, however, that a thread isn't just locked.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 04-26-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Usually when a thread disappears it is because it was so incendiary that the moderators didn't want any remnants of it around or, as was the case with the AC thread, there was a lot of behind the scenes discussion and we needed to put it in a holding tank out of site to give us time to discuss without additional posts making things worse. In that case, it doesn't always mean the thread won't be plunked back in for general viewing, just that we need some breathing room to sort things out.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Closed Thread