Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree137Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Politics and Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
I Love your signature! Just for that, you get a FREE BANANA BREAD RECIPE!

Brian
It was to be expected. Is signature is a POLITICAL one. You show reprehensible double standards in what regards Politics and this site

Regards

Paulo
Cruisingdad likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-23-2013

dabnis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the very nice comments. Most of the thanks should go to the other mods as they have really been taking the brunt of everything as I have been travelling a lot (and will continue to).

The key point of all of this was that we may have to ask some of you to make some signature or post modifications. If or when we do, it is not that we agree or disagree with you. We are doing it because we feel it is the best thing for the forum as a whole.

Thanks again everyone.

Brian
Brian,

I recently removed a signature similar to Slow and Steady's that was placed just to tweak him.
Some have accused me of being a troll or trolling. My present avatar is my attempt at a little humor. If you think it is offensive, I will remove it.

Paul T
Old 04-23-2013
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough

I don't mean to speak for CD, but I find dabnis' avatar funny. You gots water and a boat!

Last edited by eherlihy; 04-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2013

dabnis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
I don't mean to speak for CD, but I find dabnis' avatar funny. You gots water and a boat!
Well, thank you!!, that was my intent. The boat is virtually identical to one my Dad and I owned in our commercial salmon fishing venture, one of the dumbest things I have done. Luckily we got out of it alive and just about broke even after all the dust settled.

Paul T
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
It was to be expected. Is signature is a POLITICAL one. You show reprehensible double standards in what regards Politics and this site

Regards

Paulo
Bwahaha! Good one Paulo!!! Got me on that one!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Problem is that you people just don't understand I am always right. How many times do I have to keep telling you that!??? (smile)

Brian
Umm, you live on a boat surrounded by water and you own a dog that swims like a cinder block.

I think we can say your judgement is questionable.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabnis View Post
Brian,

I recently removed a signature similar to Slow and Steady's that was placed just to tweak him.
Some have accused me of being a troll or trolling. My present avatar is my attempt at a little humor. If you think it is offensive, I will remove it.

Paul T
You're good Paul. But if you really want to get in my good graces, you will put:

CD IS THE BEST LOOKING AND SMARTEST MALE MODERATOR

in your signature. Plus, you get a free banana bread recipe!

HEHEHE!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcGee View Post
Umm, you live on a boat surrounded by water and you own a dog that swims like a cinder block.

I think we can say your judgement is questionable.
HAHA! Plus, I am doing it with two kids. THat makes my judgement even MORE questionable!! I am the best looking and smartest moderator. I never said I had any common sense!!

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HAHA! Plus, I am doing it with two kids. THat makes my judgement even MORE questionable!! I am the best looking and smartest moderator. I never said I had any common sense!!

Brian
I don't know Brian, I think there's one or two folks on here that wouldn't mind living your version of insanity. Give the pooch a scratch for me.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Old 04-23-2013

johnb23 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Politics and Moderation

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I am speaking on behalf of all the moderators here.

We have really tried to keep Sailnet an open and friendly place to discuss sailing related things. We have also tried to maintain a separate Off Topic forum where members can go to discuss things that are not sailing related or may be too political for the mainstream sailing board. In general, we do not want to play the role of censors and allow as much 'free speech' as possible.

However, if or when the politics begin to seep into the mainstream forum, we have to make some judgment calls. Our decisions do not come easy and are generally debated (or overly debated!!) before we act. We want to be seen as fair and moderate to all the members, and this can at times be difficult as we may have strong opinions on the matters and we know the members have strong opinions. Complicating this is that some discussions which are sailing related are inherently political in nature and bring out strong reactions from those with opposing views.

So we would like to ask all the members to be understanding if we request you to modify your postings or signatures. It is difficult for us to ask this because it is important that everyone sees us as never taking sides, either way. But it is even more important that everyone sees us as trying to keep the board as friendly and inviting as possible to the majority population. If we do reach out and ask you to tone it down or change your signature, please understand we do it reluctantly and out of necessity for all those who participate here. Another favor: If your signature could be interpreted as political in nature, please consider removing it so we don't have to ask or you don't offend others.

We're all friends here.

Brian and the Mod Squad
Thank you Brian for posting this. I am new here, but strong political opinions and other rhetoric and the sometimes angry even hateful responses wreck any forum for me. Much of it is based in ego and arrogance and it has no place among friends. Friendly is good. That is why I am here.
thanks,
johnb23
JimMcGee and Cruisingdad like this.
Closed Thread