Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree137Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013

jfurlong is on a distinguished road
Re: Politics and Moderation

While I hold some pretty strong political views, there are forums for that type of thing. This forum is for people who love sailing, a common bond that overcomes political disagreements. If one wishes to argue politics that are a multitude of forums that would welcome the discourse.
T37Chef and SVAuspicious like this.
Old 04-23-2013

johnnyquest37 is on a distinguished road

I'll echo all the others' praise of the moderators. This is one ofthe few sites that actually has decorum. The posters tend to police themselves, as is expected in polite society. When that fails, the moderators are quick to step in and do so in reasonable way.

Asking folks to remove inflammatory signature lines is more than reasonable, IMHO.

LET'S GET SERIOUS ABOUT REMOVING POLITCAL TAG LINES -- NOW!
Old 04-23-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
HAHA! Plus, I am doing it with two kids. THat makes my judgement even MORE questionable!! I am the best looking and smartest moderator. I never said I had any common sense!!

Brian
FINALLY. Your head is starting to come down out of the clouds. Let's hope your ego catches up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
FINALLY. Your head is starting to come down out of the clouds. Let's hope your ego catches up.

Why is everyone so mean to me?? I am simply the most humble, nicest (and best looking and smartest) male moderator on this forum.

When I read something like that, it makes me want to post something nasty in TDW's signature line while he is asleep.

(evil laugh)

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Why is everyone so mean to me?? I am simply the most humble, nicest (and best looking and smartest) male moderator on this forum.

When I read something like that, it makes me want to post something nasty in TDW's signature line while he is asleep.

(evil laugh)

Brian
Wait. I say something mean to you and one of the other mods pays the consequences? Nice. I'd have aimed some darts long ago had I known.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 04-23-2013

dabnis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're good Paul. But if you really want to get in my good graces, you will put:

CD IS THE BEST LOOKING AND SMARTEST MALE MODERATOR

in your signature. Plus, you get a free banana bread recipe!

HEHEHE!

Brian
Brian,

So noted

Paul T
Old 04-23-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
Wait. I say something mean to you and one of the other mods pays the consequences? Nice. I'd have aimed some darts long ago had I known.
HAHA!

Ya never know when I might just sneak one in on TDW. THe poor fella lives in fear of me, FEAR I SAY!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 04-23-2013
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy

Some good laughs in this thread... Having recently been both a sinner and a saint in the mods' opinion in a controversial thread, I truly appreciate how they handle difficult issues here. Compared to CF, where the mods believe they can do no wrong, and ACT THAT WAY, SN is a much more enjoyable place to hang. Special thanks to Faster, for whom I have apparently been more than a handful in my last couple of outings. I promise I'll try harder. [edit: I don't promise I'll succeed].

Cuba - Forbidden Paradise

Old 04-23-2013
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about

I've yet to understand the thinking that "off topic" means one can, and should, ignore manners, civility, and general decorum.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 04-23-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice

Mods,

I believe, in vBulletin, you can easily fix any problem signatures by clicking on the users name. When the drop down appears you should see BAN, EDIT SIGNATURE etc... Simple as that... It would be nice if members would do it on their own, to avoid issues, but that does not always happen.

Thanks for all you do, I know the pay is not commensurate...

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Closed Thread