Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004

sadie14 is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Strikes (Sucks?) Again!!

It''s hard to believe, but it''s true. They have decided to remove all the newspaper boxes. I''m told it''s because "they''re a bad image for the marina."

You will have to walk to the ship''s store (far out at the end of the marina) to get a paper, so they can make a lousy 13 cents. Plus you will have to pay the tax.

Additionally, they will be giving away their paper of choice free on Fri-Sat-Sun with the free coffee.

I am angry because 1) I don''t read their approved paper; 2) I am inconvenienced, as I buy my paper around 6:30 a.m., before the store is open, also I buy it on my way out, so where it is located now is convenient 3) I do not want to pay more for something unnecessarily

Further, the folks who visit the restaurant will not be able to buy their papers, and I''ve seen many folks from the area drive up to get a paper from the boxes.

She was asked about this and was as rude and arrogant as ever. I can''t wait to leave in September!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2004

CapnK is on a distinguished road

Hey Sadie, you forgot to mention the "Mariner Magazine". It''s on the way out as well I hear. It''s much too "boatie" for the new marina image, I guess.

The next thing will be your boat will be referred to as your "floating guest suite".
Old 06-13-2004

This is a good one: the entire staff is going to the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota to "see how they do things." The Ritz is a hotel with no marina attached.

Personally, I can''t see any similarities. I can''t imagine what they think they will get out of this.

In what way is a marina like a hotel? Next thing you know, she''ll be renting out your vberth!

Any way, just another ludicrous idea by the witch.

I can help them with one thing in particular: Try being nice to the customers, congeniality, that is something the Ritz does. Any other suggestions?!
Old 06-14-2004

Sadie,"How bout" Clean the heads daily at least, don''t cheat customers, don''t cheat employees, don''t lie to customers, don''t lie to employees, don''t let your total ignorance of your job joeprodize your customers life and property, just to name a few.
Old 06-14-2004

You''re hoping for integrity? HA HA

The Ritz would never hire someone like her and would never, ever let her get near their customers.

It''s a pathetic thing. Perhaps it has to do with the rumours of a motel in the building that just caught fire last night.
Old 06-15-2004

Integrity!!! I would never expect the impossible from them. She is not the only one at fault there. She takes orders from the General Moron, who is as evil and deceptive as she is, if not more.

I wonder if Harry knows his "used to be highly respected marina", has become the laughing stock of the west coast. Or does he even care??????
Old 06-16-2004

Hi Sadie, I just heard why you are losing your newspaper stands. They are putting a "fruit stand" where your paper once was available. Yes, thats right, a fruit stand is going in the breeze way. So, instead of reading in the morning you can stuff yourself with your favorite fruit.

I also heard her cut is 13 cents a banana.

The marina profits just keep soaring with her in control!!!
Old 06-17-2004

You cannot serve God and wealth.''" Matthew 6:19-21, 24
Harry needs to understand the word HYPOCRIT.

Anyway, yes it was very kind of them to declare war on the newspaper stands. They were so ugly and such dust collectors. Very considerate of the needs of the those who utilize the boxes to move them out from under shelter -- a nice, soggy paper during rainey season. Do unto others, you know.

The newspapers moved the boxes across the street. At least we can still get them.
Old 06-18-2004

Well, the cleaning person (who was doing pretty good 6 days a week) quit. I also found out why the bathrooms can never be really clean. There are 21 individual bathrooms here, and the cleaner is allowed only 3 hours per day to clean them. That''s less than 9 minutes per room. This calculation does not take walking across the marina between bathhouses in to account. That would bring it down closer to 6 minutes per room probably.

I guess the Ritz has this problem, too.
Old 06-18-2004

It just keeps going on, huh Sadie!!!!!!

Oh which should I choose, RPM, RITZ, RPM, RITZ, RPM, RITZ?????????????????

OOOOOOHHHH, I''ll Choose RITZ!!!