Reward for lost Kraken!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked 138 Times in 135 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Re: Marvels Mystery Oil
Tommays, Sta-Bil is 95% "carrier" but the remaining 5% is a trade secret, and that's apparently the active ingredient. They do also make a newer product for use with gasahol.
Marvel Mystery Oil has a simpler MSDS, no trade secrets showing, but various "stuff" has shown up in analysis of it that isn't listed in the MSDS, which may do something.
The effect of Sta-Bil takes a while to see, you have to let fuel get old to tell the difference. MMO...I know one guy who swears his mileage went up, that you can measure tank-to-tank on a car, a bit harder on a boat.