SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

First Sail New Boat

760 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jimgo 
#1 ·
Ok folks, we finally got our new boat, a 1994 Hunter 33, in the water, and ready to sail. We head out for the sail test Saturday, and if all goes well, we'll sail her from Midland to Penetang. We had planned to have some experience on board, but those plans fell through. I'm just about done the CPS course (exam next week), so I'm of the belief I can plot a course and get her over there, with my wife. But I still welcome any advice!!

#3 ·
My thought would be I owned my First J24 new in 1981 and really understand how it will behave in pretty much any condition

Fast forward to 2010 and my new to me Cal 29

Keep in mind I spend a huge amount of time racing other peoples large boats

It took me most of the first year to understand how it would behave in bad conditions and which sail combinations were effective

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.