SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Best Ad Ever. Today. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/99412-best-ad-ever-today.html)

bljones 05-11-2013 10:02 PM

Best Ad Ever. Today.

Oh, snap.

Buy my stupid ex-boyfriend's boat: It's cheap, like his excuses! - Ottawa Sailboats For Sale - Kijiji Ottawa Canada.

In case the ad disappears:

"My stupid ex boyfriend is a commitment-phobe, so I guess it's no surprise that he wasn't up to the commitment involved in owning a boat. Like every other good thing in his life, my stupid ex boyfriend walked away from a beautiful sailboat, and left me to pick up the pieces. So I`m selling it. Don`t worry; I`m not a crazy jilted woman. I`ve got the legal right to sell this beauty.
The boat is actually quite wonderful, unlike my stupid ex boyfriend. It's a classic Alberg 22, with a full keel, a furling jib (something the stupid ex boyfriend never fully understood) and a suite of sails, all in pretty good condition. It's also unique in that it's got a black mast, and from the research I've done, it might be one of a kind in that sense. One of a kind--definitely not like my stupid ex boyfriend. It also has some very valuable opening, screened ports, probably worth more than I'm asking for the boat just themselves. I just want this thing out of my hands!
With a little dedication and work, this boat could be turned into something really special, not like my stupid ex boyfriend. No amount of work, dedication or patience could save him. Not even Christ can save him. Luckily for you, he never followed through on his plans for the boat (typical). Otherwise, who knows what kind of disaster he would have left in his wake (also typical). So do me, and yourself a favour, and buy my stupid ex boyfriend's ex-sailboat. Deals like this don't come around every day! The boat must be owned by a member at Nepean Sailing Club, or removed, by Wednesday. If not, I'm having it trucked away, and the price will go up. Hurry!!

What you get:
Alberg 22 sailboat, sound hull and deck with amazing woodwork both interior and exterior
Folding cradle
Custom-made skeleton and canvas boat cover for winter
All sails, both hank-on or furling configurations
The satisfaction of knowing that my stupid ex boyfriend has nothing, and you have a beautiful boat"

minnow1193 05-11-2013 10:12 PM

Priceless.

TakeFive 05-11-2013 10:14 PM

Re: Best Ad Ever. Today.

Why do I suspect that she does not have a clear title on this thing? ;)

Minnewaska 05-11-2013 11:24 PM

That ad says, "he hated me so much he even left his boat behind to get away, so I took an ad out to show everyone why"

PaulinVictoria 05-12-2013 01:17 AM

Frankly I can see why he left.

jameswilson29 05-12-2013 06:59 AM

I wonder if she would answer my list of boat condition questions and agree to my form contract with seller warranty?

bljones 05-12-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria (Post 1028912)
Frankly I can see why he left.

Actually, she seems like a pretty cool chick. I thought this might make an interesting blog post so I have been getting the back story. She has an Alberg 22 of her own, and she's been racing for 5 years.

blutoyz 05-12-2013 10:20 AM

I don't think he was that stupid...he left her the salvage bill for that thing:laugher

SlowButSteady 05-12-2013 11:49 AM

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

- The Mourning Bride, Act III, Scene VIII, by William Congreve

Minnewaska 05-12-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowButSteady (Post 1028997)
Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,
Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

- The Mourning Bride, Act III, Scene VIII, by William Congreve

Pretty good reason to get the heck out of there and leave the boat.