Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ImASonOfaSailor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor
Here is another Video of R21 Catamaran!

smackdaddy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"""Here's a toast to you on the coast and the sailors out at sea Drink your ales, hoist your sails Ride the windssssssssss and think of me,,,,,,,,,, 'cause Oh I wish I was there tonight"""
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Here is another Video of R21 Catamaran!

Very cool Sonofa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 05-14-2013
John

Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor

Thanks with the new sails it is amazing how much more power i have!!

"""Here's a toast to you on the coast and the sailors out at sea Drink your ales, hoist your sails Ride the windssssssssss and think of me,,,,,,,,,, 'cause Oh I wish I was there tonight"""

Last edited by ImASonOfaSailor; 05-17-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

I love seeing you fly that hull. That is the most amazing feeling ever in my experience! BUT, I'd be scared to death of going over in a boat your size. That thing would be a bear to right I would think.

One thing I was told is never lock the main-sheet when you're on the edge of flying a hull. You need to constantly work it and the tiller to balance - then need to be able to blow it in a hurry when needed.

Hopefully some of the other cat sailors around here can confirm this or shoot it down.

Anyway, great sailing dude.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 05-15-2013

overbored is on a distinguished road

Fun boat, keep up the practice on the hull flying you will get to the point where you do not panic as the hull raises out of the water. ideally you would want to sail with the windward hull just kissing the top of the ripples. it takes practice hold the sheet in a little longer and head to wind to balance the heel. then when it gets to about 45 degrees then you can start dumping the sheet but smoothly. your main cleat should be set at an angle so to cleat you have to pull up as you pull in, this way if it is cleated you can release just by puling it straight in. in racing both sheets are handled buy the crew because as you tack you release the main and sheet the jib and then sheet the main. the crew has more power to sheet because he can use his legs and both hands. he can clip in the trap and stand up and pull all in one motion. the skipper only has to steer and change sides and get back out in the trap with one hand and steer with the other.
BTW, the leeward dagger board is down and the windward is up when going to windward
Old 05-16-2013
John

WOW Overbored Thanks! Smackdaddy thank you! Yeap it is scary as hell the feeling has changed last year the boat wouldn't come out of the water for nothing! These New sails are Magic! I am kinda scared but i think that is good to! My Hobie guy at the lake said to easy my traveler out and leave it out until i get a little comfortable and then just use the main sheet to dump Air! Is this correct information, i know about the main but the traveler position is the question ?

I always make sure i am not to far from the wind incase of a wind shift that makes me on a reach on this lake it happens so fast! I want to make sure i am close to the wind if the wind is blowing 10! So i can come up into the wind easily as long as it didn't shift once flying a hull and your far off from the point of being dead into it , wouldn't be good ether. last year i didn't worry about 10 mph breeze! Now the boat will come out of the water and getting 17 knots of boat speed is now just simple! Not what i was looking for but damn this thing is a Beast now! It is so amazing to have NEW SAILS!

SO IF YOU HAVE OLD SAILS get new ones they will improve everything! WOW

Last edited by ImASonOfaSailor; 05-16-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.