SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Going through withdrawal... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/99528-going-through-withdrawal.html)

travlineasy 05-15-2013 10:59 AM

Going through withdrawal...

I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms. No, not from booze or drugs. I have lots of booze, and I don't do drugs. I miss my morning chat room with other sailnet members. It goes along with that morning cup of coffee, a time when many of us get together and chat about various things that recently took place, upcoming sailing events, shows, etc...

Added to the loss of the chat room is the fact that winter still lingers in the Mid-Atlantic region. Yep, winter! Any temperature lower than my age, for the most, I consider to be the dead of winter. Consequently, the few times I've managed to take the boat out and sail, it was while wearing a heavy coat, gloves, and often a rain suit. Damned I hate winter. ;)

Hopefully, the weather will soon charge for the better, and with luck, the chat room problems will be fixed and make that morning cup of coffee more enjoyable.

Cheers,

Gary :cool:

Ferretchaser 05-15-2013 11:27 AM

Re: Going through withdrawal...

Gary get on yer boat and come over. Then we can chat without typing :) We have to get Donna to stop to fiddle with the buttons of the chat room.

travlineasy 05-15-2013 11:57 AM

Michael, with luck, maybe Sunday, if the weather improves. The rest of this week is booked solid with music jobs, both day and night. Gotta make up the money I blew during the past six months on the ICW and down in the Keys. ;)

Gary :cool:

Ferretchaser 05-15-2013 12:05 PM

I am hoping to offload a bit of money down that way next winter as well.

rockDAWG 05-15-2013 12:30 PM

You know you are going thru withdrawal when your head is spinning while taking a shower. :)

Mr.Ritz 05-15-2013 12:54 PM

What happen to the chat room?

travlineasy 05-15-2013 01:01 PM

"It appear as though the company that provides our Chat feature recently updated their software and now one of their modules is being 'mis-classified' by Norton/Symantec and possible containing a virus. Until they have this resolved we have de-activaed chat. We've opened a support incident with Envolve and they will hopefully have this corrected soon."

TakeFive 05-15-2013 03:38 PM

FWIW, I hate the chat feature. On my computer it always "forgets" that I have turned it off, and tries to take over my screen.

And on my Android phone there is NO WAY to turn it off because its pop-up menu is so long that it goes beyond the top and bottom of the screen. There is no way to get to the icon to turn it off. On those occasions when chat decides to pop up, I can't use Sailnet on my phone. As smartphones start to dominate as the primary communication tools, this problem will cause Sailnet to lose traffic.

I say good riddance to the chat feature.

DRFerron 05-15-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferretchaser (Post 1030566)
Gary get on yer boat and come over. Then we can chat without typing :) We have to get Donna to stop to fiddle with the buttons of the chat room.

Hey. I learned my lesson when I was playing with the Boot button. Took more work on my part to get you back than it was worth.

DRFerron 05-15-2013 03:47 PM

Gary, now would be a good time to start a cauldron of kahlua. You'll soon be with a new crop of people who have not sampled your stock. (GREAT with hot chocolate.)