SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   I'm in!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/99594-im.html)

flyingwelshman 05-17-2013 09:58 AM

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkt6ivXO6k1qdibhi.jpg

dfindl 05-17-2013 11:10 AM

Re: I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations,

I just splashed mine in Meaford on Wednesday.

azguy 05-17-2013 11:20 AM

No pictures...?

PCP 05-17-2013 11:51 AM

0K, I give up. What are you guys talking about?

steve77 05-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP (Post 1031769)

My guess what would be, boat --> water.

msmith10 05-17-2013 12:01 PM

The Welshman just bought his first lottery ticket

flyingwelshman 05-17-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP (Post 1031769)

In our frigid climes we have a variety of things we call 'seasons'. During one of these seasons, which we call 'winter', the temperature drops so low that the water in which we keep our boats turns to a hard substance called 'ice' (similar to what you might serve in your sangria - only bigger).

When the water gets hard we have to take our boats out of the lake or the ice will crush our hulls - like an Italian cruise ship on the rocks.

All through the winter we dream about our boats. We sail vicariously with those of you unfamiliar with the concept of 'seasons'. We spend money on presents for our boat. We post inane threads on sailing fora. We wait for the day when we can remove the shrink-wrap, or tarpaulin, clear out the nesting birds and animals, and ease our beautiful craft back into the bossom of the water - which is once again in its liquid phase. We pray that our engines start and our through-hulls don't leak - especially the new transducer I put in for my new depth sounder.

Each year we go through the ritual of waxing, buffing, antifouling and rerigging.

Yesterday I launched.

I'm in!

I'm in the water!

:):):):):):):):):)

daydream sailor 05-17-2013 04:06 PM

you deserve a big wave for that, so here goes.:thewave::thewave::thewave:

avenger79 05-17-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingwelshman (Post 1031823)
In our frigid climes we have a variety of things we call 'seasons'. During one of these seasons, which we call 'winter', the temperature drops so low that the water in which we keep our boats turns to a hard substance called 'ice' (similar to what you might serve in your sangria - only bigger).

When the water gets hard we have to take our boats out of the lake or the ice will crush our hulls - like an Italian cruise ship on the rocks.

All through the winter we dream about our boats. We sail vicariously with those of you unfamiliar with the concept of 'seasons'. We spend money on presents for our boat. We post inane threads on sailing fora. We wait for the day when we can remove the shrink-wrap, or tarpaulin, clear out the nesting birds and animals, and ease our beautiful craft back into the bossom of the water - which is once again in its liquid phase. We pray that our engines start and our through-hulls don't leak - especially the new transducer I put in for my new depth sounder.

Each year we go through the ritual of waxing, buffing, antifouling and rerigging.

Yesterday I launched.

I'm in!

I'm in the water!

nicely put.

MarioG 05-17-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingwelshman (Post 1031823)

Yesterday I launched.

I'm in!

I'm in the water!

:puke congrats, but sorry I think it's still to soon to make jokes about that unless you name also ends in a vowel:laugher