Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Regatta Pointe - Bringing the Light (HA)

Then why not put the steam to the engine so it can get somewhere.
In cases like these I usually go straight to the top (there is always someone over everyone) why waste time? It is still best to put it in writing and deliver it personally, and certified return receipt requested, even after a phone call. document, document, document.

Problems get solved with communication.
In going to the top, with questions and concerns for letigimate problems that are not solved and being ignored;
problems that compromise the safety of the tenants and their property, and the integrity of the marina structure.

Has the marina changed owners?

The most successful managers love their property and tenants. (I could be wrong, but I perceive that marina''s are considered properties as well)

I love marina''s, I''ve been to all kinds, from the best to the worst. Each one is like a person, with it''s own personality - just my prospective. go with the ones that suit your needs, and if you want to get out of your lease, read it and find a legitimate reason, usually has something to do with health hazards. Be as professional as possible when stating your case, verbally and in writing. (stay away from Jesus bashing).

I sincerely hope this helps.

Brenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2004

sadie14 is on a distinguished road

bwalker42: Re: " (stay away from Jesus bashing)" - no one was "bashing Jesus", and I hope you didn''t think that was the case. Hypocrit bashing, yes, Jesus bashing, no.
Old 06-25-2004
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point

sadie,
i''m not judging anyone, please do not think that I am, and I''m sorry if I came across like that (I''m kinda sensitive to the name of Jesus as I love Him a whole lot, He''s always saving my life).
no offense intended.
I was only trying to help with the lease issue. There may be an out in your lease agreement. If that is what you want, you need to find your lease agreement and read it carefully. Your out usually has something to do with quality, and owners keeping up their end of the agreement. Like tenants have to keep up their end of the agreement;
paying rent on time
not disturbing the peace of other
tenants after certain hours
cleanliness
etc..

Again, I''m only trying to help.
I like helping.

Fair winds
Brenda

Old 06-25-2004

mikehoyt is on a distinguished road

My sympathies to you all at Regatta Pointe. Our marina was purchased bay new owners two seasons ago. There was a lot of griping but it was mostly because the pevious owners did such an outstanding job (they built it where it was said it would not fly and filled it to capacity ... then expanded).

After 2 1/2 seasons with new management I think our boaters are now adjusting to the new owners and realizing they are not bad.

The small problems we had (like hard to find the owners, raised fees, etc...) are now much more pleasant when I read your posts! Yikes!!!!! I love our new owners now since I have read of Ragatta Pointe and realized what bad really is.....

My sympathies and I hope it eventually works out for you all. I think when the marina empties as a result of mismangement you will find the owners will start responding to the lack of revenue in a hopefully positive way.

So here I am using my stupid computer on a Friday night when we usually weekend on our HUGE WHOPPING BIG 26 footer ... supposed to RAIN again! tommorrow with probable T Shwrs. Argh! Did somebody say it was late June? Sorry ... off topic but getting in a foul mood over weather in Nova Scotia this year ....

One final thing. Notice there was recent posting on TRUTH thread. If recent posters read this please start a new thread. Way too much work to wade to the end of 160 messages 15 at a time.

Here''s to better days ahead at your marina and to better weather as well!

Mike
Full Tilt 2
waterlogged in Nova Scotia

Old 06-26-2004

Izabella01 is on a distinguished road

well brenda.. let me put it this way..

from what i have been hearing on the ''coconut telegraph'' anyone who openly says anything at Regatta Pointe is retaliated against.

I lived there for 9 mos.. I would sink my; boat and walk away before I would go back to that crap.

bring the boaters jesus my foot.. how ridiculous.. I am NOT christian why would i wish to have someone shove thier religion down my throat.

regarding the previous managers.. sadie i like you al ot..but tom and kathleen were not as nice as you think.

They allowed a couple in a catamaran to say and do anything they wanted. Including falsely accusing others in a manner that got them evicted..
to whit... the female on that catamaran accused my other half of ''sexual harassment''.. kathleen later called him ''''sick and twisted'' and tom evicted him based solely on that womans complaints.
Same couple almost got another couple evicted over an ''alternative lifestyle''

When i first reserved slip spaec i was told where i was to go i was very very specific about how much I drew. when i got there, one look at my older boat, and I was put far away from where I was orginally suposed to go.. and charged a higher rate.

I know for a fact that come july first that at least three boats are coming from regatta to my marina on the gulf ... while no one will admit it.. openly at least.. I was told.. ''''the climate is not what it was''

fyi sadie.. if he has not already left. it was my understanding Maury Taupin who has MT Pockets moved his boat across the river.. that in an of itself says a great deal.
Izabella
Old 06-26-2004

Izabella01 is on a distinguished road

brenda.. let me be very very specific..
in a business that caters to all sorts of lifestyles and cultures...
religion has NO place. Regatta pointe is a business not a mission to save souls.

Pointe in Fact harry leases the land that Regatta pointe sits on from the STate of Florida. Trust me, should Regatta get sued over that issue.. the state can remove thier lease and either require het marina to be torn down or more likely give it to someone else who will not be so zealous.

I am a certified property manager..does that help? I know the real estate buisness IN florida back and forwards.

Dealing with boaters is ot like any other business you will ever be in.

TAke for instance where I am.. the attitude is..''''I sailed in here, and i can sail out''
this marina changed hands in may.. they NEED us to make thier mortgage payments and said so. I was asked..''''what can I do to keep you here?" unfortunatley in my case, worke is taking me to st pete so i hve to move the boat.
OTOH.. when my bf gets back from australia in feb.. between he and me we will haev enough money each month till death to cruise as long as we can do it physically.

regatta is a NO on the coconut telegraph marina list. Twin Dolphins is even higher on the list lol... in fact that is where the Catalina is now and will home base out of.

it is my understanding harry does not care one bit what happens at the marina as long as NO one bothers him.

Laura is an idiot. she has NO clue about boats, boaters and even how long it takes by boat to get to the gulf.. to white
""I will give you a months free rent to come back'''' me: "no i am hapy here besides I am only a half hour max from the gulf" laura:
"huh, from here it only takes me a half hour too" by car she later admitted in the conversation and wanted to argue the fact with me.

speaking of hypocrits.. sadie..
Kathleen repeatedly dissed twin dolphins and charly the dockmaster to me and within my hearing.. guess where they live now?
She is a priss.. when she ran into me and my other half all we got was nasty looks and her prancing her butt out of the pool area.
we both found it highly amusing.

I also know that kathleen went to charly to ''warn'' him of why my other half was asked to leave regatta.. we had moved his boat 10 months before they moved in.. charly told us that he told her that we were model slipholders and he did not get involved in petty greivances.

Regatta Pointe is nothing more than a snakepit of lies, gossip, innuendo and misrepresantion of the marina and its managment past and present. I have NO problem NOT recommending it to anyone

oh and anyone care to comment on the management going out to a legal anchorage and demanding payment for anchoring there? sigh.. what a bunch of bozos that group in there now is..
Old 06-27-2004

dblatnik is on a distinguished road

A few thoughts on RPM

1. All of this concentration on religion is very uncomfortable for those of us who are not Christian. I don''t care if you are, just don''t assume I am. And please don''t try to make me change, because eventually you start to sound like the folks who ran the inquisition, the pogroms, and holocaust.

Alienating your customers is not the best form of customer service.

On the plus side, they may be learning, as the party they had was NOT a revival meeting - as several folks predicted.

On the other hand, I''m no lawyer, but I bet that this establishment falls under the heading of "public accomodation," and though they haven''t actually done anything - yet - to discriminate against us infidels (ich bin ein Auslander!), they are well on their way to creating the hostile environment, that will breed discrimination.

2. RPM seems to have money to spend on lunches, parties and bands, and free papers, and danish. But they can''t seem to repair the water lines supporting the fire hydrants, or replace the wood that is rotted and decayed on the docks. Don''t even mention cleanning the bathrooms 7 days a week. I''m all in favor of budgetary controls - why aren''t they spending money on what needs to be fixed? (How much paper and time have they wasted printing out copies of Christian dogma? Too Much!)

I''m told by some these repairs are "in the works." I wonder if they would accept that my next months payment is "in the mail," or if they would not accept the answer they want me to accept.

If this marina was a well-oiled-machine, in top physical condition and they wanted to waste time proselytizing, I would be less likely to complain. But this marina has some problems. The bathrooms aren''t clean, the docks are falling apart and there appears to be little in the way of a fire supression system. This is supposed to be a business and their priorities seem to be screwed up. You don''t make money in America by insulting, and ignoring the needs of, your customers.
Old 06-27-2004

Stede is on a distinguished road

A few more thoughts on RPM

I don''t have any chickens in this fight, but I can''t resist throwing in my .02 worth. (I also answer isolated ringing phone booths 8^) If the conditions at RPM are as bad as what has been conveyed here,(and I don''t doubt that they are) perhaps it would help if a petition were drawn up by the majority of the concerned current tenants listing said problems.A statement with signatures should be included to let the owners know that if the problems aren''t addressed in a timely manor, that each tenant will be leaving when their lease expires.Of course this is a mute point if no one wants to stay there anyway.IMO, it doesn''t matter if the owners are Christian,atheist,or circus performers.If they are willing to suffer the financial losses they will absorb if the majority of their tenants leave by such an action, then they are either too stupid or uncaring to negotiate with.At that point, you have two options left. Hire a lawyer to represent the majority in breaking everyone''s leases, or leave asap.Good luck!
Old 06-28-2004

At least 3 boats have left this weekend for Twin Dolphin, with a 4th to leave this week.

The management above the dockwitch, while not as hostile, is apparently less concerned with the customers than with his take. The owner, has made it abundantly clear, for many years, that he does not care about his customers, and recently made it even more clear that he wants nothing to do with the marina.

The whole situation makes absolutely no logical business sense.

The only choice appears to be to leave as soon as you are able. And to try and make those folks who are unaware of the problems here aware - before they sail into a hornets nest.

The fire issue is valid and real. The 3 story building at the end was closed on the top 2 stories due to a lack of fire lines/sprinklers. I''m told it will be 3-6 months before it is repaired.

This opens many, many questions. Why is the 1st floor open? The lines that need to be replaced run the length of the main dock, does this mean that there is no fire hydrant water to the docks? Why is the dockmaster building not shut down, they run off the same lines, too.

I''m also waiting for retaliation, but I cannot let this go. It is wrong.
Old 06-28-2004

Oh, and let us not forget the poor woman who''s foot went through one of the rotting dock boards. They were kind enough to replace that board. It seems the philosophy is to replace the boards one rotting one at a time.

The whole scenario is like a bad nightmare.

And bathrooms! Don''t get me started. You can''t even tell if anyone was in there yesterday to clean or not.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.