Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: WooHoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Good! I hate Kiwis.

I'm Aussie
Oh, well then, you're invited!!!

Brian
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Brian, I spent a few afternoons sitting at Burdines in the shade of the overhang, sipping a brewski encased in one of their yellow huggies. I have one on the boat that was given to me by one of the waitresses for singing "The Wonder Of You" for her one afternoon. She loved the song, and my voice, so much that she came to the Tiki Hut at the City Marina every Saturday night after that just to hear me sing. Nice lady - good looking too.

The rates at the City Dock were outrageous, but that time of year, everything in Marathon is overpriced. If I recall, the price-tag to tie up to the canal bulkhead at the City Marina for my 33 Morgan was $757 a month, including taxes, water, internet and electric. Pricing | City of Marathon Official Website

One of the things that enticed me to stay in the canal was I was able to easily offload my music equipment from the boat to the bulkhead. When you're an old codger, loading and unloading 200-pounds of bulky, expensive equipment is a shaky proposition if you're trying to load it onto a finger pier. The bulkhead was easy, and the height of the Morgan's gunwale was just about even with the bulkhead, so it was just a matter of pulling the boat in tightly against the pilings and lifting the gear from the cockpit to the adjacent bulkhead/dock. I wouldn't even consider dinghying the gear from the boat to the dinghy dock. It's not that the dinghy couldn't handle it - but it only takes one idiot to hit you with a wake to destroy $7,500 in electronic music equipment.

Gotta look into Marathon Marina for the next time I make the trip,

Gary
Old 05-30-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Good! I hate Kiwis.

I'm Aussie
Beware Brian! the Aussies will drink you out of house and home!

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 05-30-2013

utchuckd is on a distinguished road

So, the Miller Lite is cheap. How much is the beer?

Old 05-30-2013
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road

I'm jealous that I cant have the same fealing, I wiush I were sailing full time.
Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by utchuckd View Post
So, the Miller Lite is cheap. How much is the beer?

Pfft. Apparently you lack good taste!! That is ALL I drink, with Kalik a backup plan. It's what keeps me young, strong, good looking, etc. Don't believe me? Try it. Drink a 6 pack and go look in the mirror!!!

Brian
utchuckd likes this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Brian, I spent a few afternoons sitting at Burdines in the shade of the overhang, sipping a brewski encased in one of their yellow huggies. I have one on the boat that was given to me by one of the waitresses for singing "The Wonder Of You" for her one afternoon. She loved the song, and my voice, so much that she came to the Tiki Hut at the City Marina every Saturday night after that just to hear me sing. Nice lady - good looking too.

The rates at the City Dock were outrageous, but that time of year, everything in Marathon is overpriced. If I recall, the price-tag to tie up to the canal bulkhead at the City Marina for my 33 Morgan was $757 a month, including taxes, water, internet and electric. Pricing | City of Marathon Official Website

One of the things that enticed me to stay in the canal was I was able to easily offload my music equipment from the boat to the bulkhead. When you're an old codger, loading and unloading 200-pounds of bulky, expensive equipment is a shaky proposition if you're trying to load it onto a finger pier. The bulkhead was easy, and the height of the Morgan's gunwale was just about even with the bulkhead, so it was just a matter of pulling the boat in tightly against the pilings and lifting the gear from the cockpit to the adjacent bulkhead/dock. I wouldn't even consider dinghying the gear from the boat to the dinghy dock. It's not that the dinghy couldn't handle it - but it only takes one idiot to hit you with a wake to destroy $7,500 in electronic music equipment.

Gotta look into Marathon Marina for the next time I make the trip,

Gary
I would have tied up at the wall too. Marathon Marina is nice, people are friendly, but it does lack the community of the field. Just being honest.

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna

Let me know if you get up to Miami Brian. Would love to meet you and the family.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Let me know if you get up to Miami Brian. Would love to meet you and the family.
Plan is to sail to bimini when the weather breaks (which really stinks right now as i guess you know). May hang at rodriguez key a bit and dive with jesus though. You ever go to rodriguez?

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna

Rodriquez is my least favorite place because the holding there sucks. I always drag there if the wind gets over 10 knots. Bimini is fun. Just hate paying the $300 fee to go there now.
Catalina 445, Hull #90

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.