Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
WooHoo...

Yeah Baby! I took a hot shower even though it is 90 outside. It was a long shower too! I have all the lights on except the anchor light. I cranked the air conditioner down to sub freezing without sniffing diesel. Every hatch is closed. I am going to wash the dishes and rinse the plates without the stopper in. I have all the internet i want. I am taking out fatty without cranking the outboard.

Yep... I am at a marina! Woohoo! God i live civilization. I might even wash the boat tomorrow after i get back from the pool and order a pizza. Aint you sailors jealous!!!

Hehehe.

B
mgmhead, smackdaddy and jimgo like this.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2013
Senior Slacker

SlowButSteady is on a distinguished road
Re: WooHoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Yeah Baby! I took a hot shower even though it is 90 outside. It was a long shower too! I have all the lights on except the anchor light. I cranked the air conditioner down to sub freezing without sniffing diesel. Every hatch is closed. I am going to wash the dishes and rinse the plates without the stopper in. I have all the internet i want. I am taking out fatty without cranking the outboard.

Yep... I am at a marina! Woohoo! God i live civilization. I might even wash the boat tomorrow after i get back from the pool and order a pizza. Aint you sailors jealous!!!

Hehehe.

B
Just wait 'til a boat-load of college students throw an all-night bash to celebrate the end of the semester, on somebody's dad's boat, in the slip right next to you.
Charlotte Bacon, Daniel Barden, Rachel Davino, Olivia Josephine Gay, Ana M. Marquez-Greene, Dylan Hockley, Dawn Hochsprung, Madeleine F. Hsu, Catherine V. Hubbard, Chase Kowalski, Jesse Lewis, James Mattioli , Grace McDonnell, Anne Marie Murphy, Emilie Parker, Jack Pinto, Noah Pozner, Caroline Previdi, Jessica Rekos, Avielle Richman, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Victoria Soto, Benjamin Wheeler, Allison N. Wyatt
Old 05-24-2013

Seaduction is on a distinguished road

Good for you, CD. Nothing like partying with those young'uns, if they do show up. Just tell 'em you can get their student loans wiped out if they treat you right!

Sailnetters are the greatest people in the world!

Island Packet 31
Melbourne, FL
(formerly Rock Hall, MD)
Old 05-24-2013

utchuckd is on a distinguished road

I got all the civilization you can handle here if you wanna trade!
Old 05-24-2013

KIVALO is on a distinguished road

I could use a good dose of uncivilized right bout now. Its been too long since I got in-touch with my redneck/country side.

Brad
WORK IS OVER-RATED
Old 05-24-2013
s/v Tiger Lily

dvuyxx is on a distinguished road

Brian, I know how you feel. I'm usually on a mooring, but I've been briefly at a local marina for the past month for maintenance and refit. I cherish the running water, shore power, and step on access. It's a fleeting opportunity that I try to take advantage of.
Old 05-24-2013

MarioG is on a distinguished road

Sounds great, are you tied to the dock long?
We try to spoil ourselves with a weekend at a dock ever so often but I haven't used my AC system in 2 yr, I'm not even sure where I put the shore power cord.

I do have a sister in the area and I can do laundry and showers there plus she feeds me when I help with the honey do list.

I am the Capt of my ship but sometimes I think I had more fun just being the cabin boy.
Old 05-24-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

I'm telling you, a decadently long shower aboard with unlimited water and the air conditioning running to dry you off is one of my life's most cherished moments, especially after a great hot day of sailing.

Cheers.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 05-24-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road

I am a little jealous. I wouldn't mind climate control tonight.
Old 05-24-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Brian, are you tied up at the Marathon City Marina? I was there for two months, on the bulkhead in front of the office - it was great. Short walk to the showers, fired up the air when needed, and when it got cold, I switched the heat pump to heat. Loved it. Free internet connection, too.

It was nice when I had visitors, especially Mario and Sherry. I met lots of nice people in Marathon, and some that were quite colorful as well. I loved to watch Captain Jack walk around the marina with a handful of flowers, giving one to each of the ladies every morning. Jack had his 91st birthday while I was there and still lives aboard his 28-foot boat.

Currently, it's just 44 degrees here, Mario and Sherry are probably snuggled tightly beneath several layers of blankets, and tomorrow's high is only supposed to be in the lower 60s. Damned I hate winter!

Good Luck,

Gary