Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2004

sadie14 is on a distinguished road
Regatta Goes Over the Edge

Today I awoke to a thwack on the deck at about 5 am. Investigation showed that someone had thrown an unwrapped newspaper on my deck.

The deck is wet from last night''s rain and this morning''s dew. So I have a wet newspaper on my deck. At least the water kept the wind from blowing it away.

Picking up the newspaper shows that I also have ink on my deck.

Now tell, me how is a marina not like a hotel? Well we don''t have hallways with roofs or walls for one thing. How was this act a service to me? I don''t know, I don''t happen to read the newspaper that was thrown on my boat.

In addition, one of the drivers who delivers papers (a different one) was fired over this whole business. This was so unnecessary and unwarranted.

The best for last, on Saturdays, the marina gives newspapers away for free, but apparently the delivery was late. So the dockwitch authorized her young employee to put ONE quarter in the newsstand box across the street and TAKE all the papers. So she could then give them away for free. I believe that is called STEALING.

Regatta Pointe, the epitome of Christian Values and Integrity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2004

Stede is on a distinguished road

Sadie14,

I feel your frustration dealing with the "Dockwitch" as you call her.On one of your other postings concerning RPM, I posted a suggestion.There is power in unity,and that is where your solution lies to dealing with the problems at RPM if you want to stay there.As far as the "Dockwitch," I believe you really know that her actions don''t resemble anything Christian. In my home state of NC,we have a motto on our state flag that I''ve always liked."Esse Quam Videri." Latin for "To be,rather than to seem."
Old 06-28-2004

Organizing boaters is VERY difficult!

But, perhaps all of you will help with this: I just found out that the driver who delivers one of our papers was wrongly fired because of this dockwitch''s actions. This man should NEVER have been involved in the fray.

Please consider emailing to:
advocate@heraldtribune.com
RE: Regatta Pointe Marina Delivery Driver

Just let them know that there is much strife here in the marina because of the manager and the driver should not be involved. He''s done a wonderful job delivering papers up until now.

This has gone too far. This poor man should not suffer for her actions.
Old 07-03-2004

Regatta''s Paper Delivery still more curious:

I hear the newspaper has been getting calls about unwanted papers being delivered.

Management never formally announced or communicated to anyone that they were going to be delivering newspapers. There are a few folks here who have no idea where these papers are coming from or why.

Just another fine example of the intelligence of our witch.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.