Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Cool Pic

The other night, at Boot Key, it was as calm as I have ever seen it (except when I don;t have enough diesel to motor somewhere, then it's even calmer than this). Anyways, in this particular instance, I woke in the middle of the night and looked out over the harbor. This pic really does not do it justice. It was like looking out over a sea of stars - but all the lights are anchor lights on the boats. They have the opposite reflection in the water.

Cool stuff. Helps me remember why I do this thing. Again, sorry about the pic quality. Took it off my phone and it is really hard to hold it still that long in the dark waiting for the pic to take. But, use your imagination. Others are welcome to post some cool shots here too.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2013

ccriders is on a distinguished road
Re: Cool Pic

I think that's a Rorshack test. Tell us what you really see.
John
Old 05-29-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Here's another cool pic...

These are the waters we sail in. This is in the Keys, but cannot remember where. I think near J Pennekamp State park (Key Largo).

The water is surreal. When sailing in this area, there are many spots that are reefs and though well marked, you sure don't want to hit one. SO when the clouds go over, they make a dark spot on the water and you are slowing down, checking your maps, your GPS, your wife, your kids, your dog, and anyone else who will listen:

"IS THAT A REEF!?????"

"No, Dad, Just a cloud on the water. Why do you ask that all the time!?"

"Er, nevermind that. Hey Swab, grab me another brewsky!"

Brian
JimMcGee, jimgo and Jiminri like this.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-29-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

Here is a couple my wife took last year off Key west out by Boca Grande.
Attached Thumbnails
Cool Pic-img_8911.jpg   Cool Pic-img_8924.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road

Brian you need to get that flash fixed
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 05-29-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Boca Grande Key/Channel is a really neat spot, until the wind and tide are in opposition. Incredible lobstering and fishing in the anchorage at Boca Grande Key as well.

Brian, I saw that same sight every evening for two solid months, and believe me, I wanted to see it a lot longer. I really loved spending time there, and really miss everyone I met. It was an incredible place to spend much of the winter.

On days when the weather cooperated, and I didn't have to play music, I motored through Sister Creek, put up the sails, then sailed out to Sombrero Light, turned right and sailed to Seven Mile Bridge and into the Gulf of Mexico, sailed around the nearby islands, then sailed back to the lower entrance to Boot Key Harbor before firing up the engine. Both the sailing and sights were incredible.

Ironically, people tell me how hot and humid it is there during mid summer. I guess they've never been to Baltimore in August and September - 95 degree days with 100-percent humidity.

Cheers,

Gary
chef2sail likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to travlineasy For This Useful Post:
chef2sail (05-29-2013)
Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Here is a couple my wife took last year off Key west out by Boca Grande.
Sweet! Love the water.

Brian
Capt.aaron likes this.

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretchaser View Post
Brian you need to get that flash fixed
Nah... need to learn to get more sleep!! HEHE!

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Boca Grande Key/Channel is a really neat spot, until the wind and tide are in opposition. Incredible lobstering and fishing in the anchorage at Boca Grande Key as well.

Brian, I saw that same sight every evening for two solid months, and believe me, I wanted to see it a lot longer. I really loved spending time there, and really miss everyone I met. It was an incredible place to spend much of the winter.

On days when the weather cooperated, and I didn't have to play music, I motored through Sister Creek, put up the sails, then sailed out to Sombrero Light, turned right and sailed to Seven Mile Bridge and into the Gulf of Mexico, sailed around the nearby islands, then sailed back to the lower entrance to Boot Key Harbor before firing up the engine. Both the sailing and sights were incredible.

Ironically, people tell me how hot and humid it is there during mid summer. I guess they've never been to Baltimore in August and September - 95 degree days with 100-percent humidity.

Cheers,

Gary
Its a great place Gary, and a lot of fun. If I can get Air Conditioning, I like the summers here. Otherwise, the winter is much better.

Just so you know, when I left the mooring field and came to M-Marina, we were having highs in the 90s, zero wind, and lows in the low 80s. It ain't even summer yet! That is uncomfortable (if not miserable) no matter where ya are!

Sure hope we can see you back down here sometime Gary. Keep playing those gigs and get a bigger tip jar!!

See ya,

B

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-31-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Sweet! Love the water.

Brian
Yeah, It's funny, when you are off shore in 6 foot following sea and try to snap a picture, it never comes out right, the seas always look small. When my wife snapped the photos, it was like glass and the clouds where perfectly reflected. In the photos there is a ripple on the water. You just can't win. I think the ripple was from the wake of our skiff.