Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Fair Winds

I know I haven't been around, lately, but I didn't want to end up in the "whatever happened to..." file, so...

It's now official and irrevocable. Yesterday evening we confirmed receipt of the funds and a few hours ago I signed and FAXed back to the broker the Bill of Sale for Abracadabra. She is no longer our boat

They say the two best days of a boat-owner's life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells her. Well, that's not always true. We didn't want to do this, but the realities of time and money left us no choice. It was an easy decision, but very hard to do.

Farewell, Abracadabra. We believe we've passed you on to new owners who will love you every bit as much as did we.

I'd like to thank all the sailors on SN for their help and the camaraderie. To the mods and site ownership: Sorry for being such an irascible PITA at times

Perhaps you'll see Abracadabra's new owners here, as SN will be one of the sites I'll tell them about. (Though it's my understanding they plan to rename her.)

Fair winds and following seas, my friends.

Jim
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-29-2013

Bradhamlet is on a distinguished road
Re: Fair Winds

I'm not there yet but when the day comes it will be nice to know there will still be SailNet to comfort me/us. Good luck to you and yours. Don't go away we need your input. Plus now you can crew and break their stuff.

Brad
Lancer 36
Old 05-29-2013
Battered and Bruised

Silvio is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that you have sold her. Boats are definitely a time consuming expensive hobby. Hopefully you'll find ways to get out there and sail once in a while.
Old 05-29-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Semi,

I'm bummed for you. I know you loved that boat.

Hang around...we can bat each other around a bit until you get your next ride.

Stay strong brother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 05-29-2013

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
I know I haven't been around, lately, but I didn't want to end up in the "whatever happened to..." file, so...

It's now official and irrevocable. Yesterday evening we confirmed receipt of the funds and a few hours ago I signed and FAXed back to the broker the Bill of Sale for Abracadabra. She is no longer our boat

They say the two best days of a boat-owner's life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells her. Well, that's not always true. We didn't want to do this, but the realities of time and money left us no choice. It was an easy decision, but very hard to do.

Farewell, Abracadabra. We believe we've passed you on to new owners who will love you every bit as much as did we.

I'd like to thank all the sailors on SN for their help and the camaraderie. To the mods and site ownership: Sorry for being such an irascible PITA at times

Perhaps you'll see Abracadabra's new owners here, as SN will be one of the sites I'll tell them about. (Though it's my understanding they plan to rename her.)

Jim
What? Did you throw in your computer with the boat?
You're still a sailor and still part of this motley crew. Hope you stick around.

Sorry about you having to sell your boat. I hope I'm not soon in the position where I have to choose between the boat and the house. Seems like it's getting closer every day. Not sure the house would win.
CalebD and Ferretchaser like this.
Old 05-29-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Fair winds Jim. Sorry to see you go you have and will be missed. Hopefully you'll be back soon.

God bless,

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post

Jim

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 05-29-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
What? Did you throw in your computer with the boat?
You're still a sailor and still part of this motley crew. Hope you stick around.

On this knotty and I agree. Stick around.
Please.

Old 05-29-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Yes, don't be a stranger.. Boat ownership is not a requirement.. But a love of sailing is, and I reckon you didn't sell that with the boat
bljones likes this.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 05-30-2013
prwg, NOW!

chrisncate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
On this knotty and I agree. Stick around.
Please.
Yes, stay - I can't be the only one to get no longer owning a boat occasionally thrown in my face and used against me in a court of Sailnet.
jimgo likes this.
Old 05-30-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Sail net is for the ones that love sailing not only for the ones that own a boat.

It is not a physical thing it is a mental thing.

You have the love and the memories and that is more than many have. They are still only dreaming about that and the day they will be able to buy a boat.

It is possible that your love for sailing will lead you from time to time to a charter a boat, to friends boats andr who knows, to buy a smaller boat just for the fun of it.

So why go away? unless you don't like sailing anymore