Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Gulf of Mexico
 Not a Member? 

Gulf of Mexico US Coastlines, excluding Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2010

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Marina, Lafayette, LA area?

Does anyone know of a Marina close to Lafayette??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2010

messenger is on a distinguished road
Boasun,

I used to use a marina up the Vermillion River at Intracoastal City(ICY), during deliveries, called Danny Richards...as in REE CHARDS, about a mile up from the intersection at the 157 mile board Danny Richard Marina in LA, United States east of ICY (ICY is at the 160 mile board, WHL..west of Harvey Locks). After that on the ICW headed east, nothing all the way to Morgan City..100 mile board (and those are city docks..as in temp), , unless you want to get up into Erath and Delcombe west of Avery Island (Bayou Petite Anse)..maybe a few docks...but dont leave anything more than an portable air horn aboard, .......to the west Lake Arthur and the old 193 boat store.......yacht boats used to tie up at Shell Morgan for a night or two in ICY at the 159 board again...not sure of their facilities after Rita...., but dont expect much sleep you will be listening to 6 engine crewboats, towboats, etc.. all night long...Shell Morgan Landing Inc in LA, United States ...no such thing as a 1star, much less a 5 star marina...place is 100% oilfield, pogy, and shrimp... but back in the 80s, ICY was a cool place to tie up for ONE night only, either at Danny's or Shell Morgan.....Maxie Pierce's had the best steak on the ICW west of Harvey Locks all the way to the Rio Grande....LONG TIME AGO and LONG GONE... something may be available up Bayou Teche, which you enter at the Berwick locks about a mile or so up the Atchafalaya from its junction with the ICW at Morgan City...again, my info may be a bit dated....in short...no Bahia Mar's or Marina Del Reys...best bet would try to find a private dock behind someone's residence on Bayou Teche, maybe Craigslists or something like that, IMHO, depending how close you want to get to Lafayette...
Old 10-20-2010

vintageray is on a distinguished road
I've heard there is mooring at a place called Sycamore Point. I haven't found it yet, but it's supposed to be near New Iberia. Someone told me there are sail boats there. If I find anything out, I post it here.
Old 10-20-2010

MARC2012 is on a distinguished road
Cypermort point,bayview marina.337 8674366,cell 3375199495.Nice marina,small store.If intrersted will give directions.marc
Old 10-21-2010

Marc, No wonder I couldn't find Sycamore Point.
Old 10-21-2010

MARC2012 is on a distinguished road
It is in vermillion bay,aprox 6 mi s of 141 mile board gicw.Not spelled as sounds.marc
Old 07-09-2011

eddie nelson is on a distinguished road
Id stay away from Morgan City. They dont like outsiders there. The people are unfriendly. They are nothing like the Lafayette and southwest side of the state people.
Old 07-09-2011

eddie, the cutural influence in the Houma, Morgan City area is more of the "Creole of color" culture than the Cajun culture along the I 10 corridor. They are a little less accessable and not real outgoing toward strangers.
Old 07-09-2011

eddie nelson is on a distinguished road
You can say that again. We went boating down there a couple of years ago and was not welcome there. I guess they never seen a Crownline run their waters before. We are use to the people around the tickfaw and lake maurepas area and they love to have fun and meet new people. I will say one thing about the Morgan city area, they have some of the most beautiful bayous you have ever seen!
Old 07-15-2011

herezjohnny is on a distinguished road
where are you from Eddie? you are talking about boating in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.