SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Need new stantion

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  wkupersa 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Someone got a boat pole stuck between dock and my forward port-side stantion as I was bringing the boat in and (remarkable boat pole here) it bent the stantion over. The top piece that holds the lifeline also broke. I have straightened out the stantion somewhat and I guess I can make the a plug for the top out of wood but the stantion looks pretty bad.

Does anyone know where I can find a matching stantion for a Helms 25? I checked out the local boat parts shop here and was somewhat amazed to find out that every manufacture's stantions seem to be different. The Helms has a pretty interesting angle coming out of the deck bracket.

Thanks in advance!
--Willie

#5 ·
If there was enough force to bend the stanchion then there was likely a compromise of the seal at the base, so I'd pull the stanchion as soon as convenient. Garhauer is a great place to get a variety of stanchions... Get one that is close in style, nobody will notice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.