SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Will this be our Helms new board?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wayne25 
#1 ·
Well, it looks like I'm the first on here. I hope all the old regulars from the old board and new Helms owners find us here soon.

Wayne

#3 ·
New Helms kid on the block

Just checking in - bought my 1975 Helms 25 (hull 428) about a month ago. Seems to be in fairly good shape and doing a lot of cleaning, getting a bit of new standing riggins and O/B serviced, then should be off and sailing.

Love to hear about what folks are doing to their boats.

#4 ·
Ray:
Glad to see another Helms 25 getting re-fitted. David (last poster in the bimini thread) also has a 1975 and has done alot of work on the boat. Also Kevin just got an older Helms 25 (I think a 1973) back in the water this year.
Sailnet use to have an email message board that a lot of Helms owners used. The archive is still available. Look under resourses, email list archives and then under Helms. There is a lot of good information from those folks.
Tell us more about the history of your Helms and what you plan to do to it. We are always finding out new things about how these boats were made.
You may find some of these items handy.

Older Helms spec. Notice the older Helms insignia on the sail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.