SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New to Group

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jumaggafanny 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I am currently rebuilding maybe the oldest Helms 25 on the board (72--Hull # 22) and am making progress. Will post pics and questions as they arise.

First pics: How she was

Sitting in a field in Bowie MD April 2007

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome! These must be the pics you told me about. You did a great job. What did you use to replace the end grain balsa core? Can you tell what sealer was used for the hull to deck joint? I never had my bumper rail off to inspect the lap joint. Glad to see the bolts used for mechanical fastening the deck.
Was that a roll & tip job using an interlux product?

#6 ·
I found a place to buy end grain balsa sheets for about $15 a piece (2'x3') needed three to complete the bow. ( Have 4 left which I think I will eventually need for the cabin roof)

I can post more pics if you need

As for the paint, I chose a 2 part tractor enamel that I sprayed with a air sprayer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.