Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Women at Sea

[quote=zeehag;733241]sailing south from ensenada to mazatlan was fun and at some points wild ride--- winds off cabo were 60 kts from nw-- wow-- we used only reefed jib n mizzensails and clocked 8 kts!!! cooking was less than optimal and i kept spilling the coffee everywhere..LOL... but got it done and enjoyed the sailing---- arrived in mazatlan with 3 gallons of diesel remaining in tank, and broken alternator mount bolts..LOL... jury rigging ddoes work. will prolly go to marina mazatlan for hurrycame season, at his point as i can get repairs done effectively there.
my only complaint, if that--is not being able to catch a dorado(or anything) between cabo and mazatlan-- winds disappeared and fishies were hiding under glassy seas.[/quote]

Hi Zeehag,

I went to your site and was reading your blogs and can't tell you how impressed I am with your grand adventure on the ocean...pretty much on your own...and with Bubba daboatkat. I will be checking in on you intermittently to see how you're doing. Can I ask you how long you've been boating? Where did you learn your boating skills? I'm a bit old for the game, (63) but am wanting to be a part of it and experience the openess of the seas, the small, quaint towns (as you say...before they become known) the new people, the beauty of this earth...etc. So much beauty to see on this amazing blue planet of ours. I've been fotunate enough to travel via air, ship, train, car, but not by sailboat. There must be a lot to know.

Thinking of you and hoping your days are filled with wonder, awe, and adventures galore!!

Diane
Seacurves likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook